A Girls Mother

Uriel

Tank
Reaction score
Is a Girl's Mother a good way to judge the way she will look like when shes older? I mean i look nothing like my parents

Yes.

I take after my father on alot of traits. Weight, build, etc. I feel I will look alot like him when I grow up. The pictures of us both when we were kids are uncanny.

I don't think it's a good way, but you can do it.

I hope not. Cuz this girl I'm "dating" is a pretty goodlookin girl but her moms rather.. well.. scary.

Well, to explain I need to do a little bit of a biology lesson:

*Ahem*

Not everyone should be judged for how they look in the future by their parents, allow me to demonstrate.

Let's use hair for example, everyone on your mother's side of the family tree has blonde hair (Which will be shown as Bb) and the same for your father but the hair colour is not as strong (And it's Red hair which is Rr)

The attached image shows that a 3/4 chance that the child will be blonde or blonde later in life.

The blonde hair in this example is called a prodominent gene, it has a high chance of dominating the other gene and show on the child.

The red hair is a reccessive gene, it has a low chance of showing on the child unless both gene sets from both parents are reccessive.

Anyway, my point is that you really shoudn't judge a girl by the appearance of her mother or a boy to his father. It's all genes!

Attachments

• I Wuv Icarus.JPG
    I Wuv Icarus.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 237
Yeah, and you have your own genes too. That keeps me from killing myself.

Ikerous said:
YOU TRICKY MOTHER ****ER I WAS LIKE HOW THE **** DID HE HACK THE 6CHAR IM ONTO YOU MOTHER ****ER

xLostx said:
YOU TRICKY MOTHER ****ER I WAS LIKE HOW THE **** DID HE HACK THE 6CHAR IM ONTO YOU MOTHER ****ER
I DONT SEE IT!! LET ME ON!Q%TWG

No it's not.

You shouldn't take hints from Diveral(sp?) from the Singles Ward man. :p

Uriel said:
Is a Girl's Mother a good way to judge the way she will look like when shes older? I mean i look nothing like my parents

you start resembling your parents when you're older

are you planning on getting married? cuz I cant see why you would want to know that

SHIPPI said:
Probably not, like Danimal said, it's all genes.

Though my brother looks almost identical to my father. Photos of my dad when he was 20 could be (and have been..) mistaken for my brother, it's kinda creepy..
It's may not be the entirely scientific way to do it, but in most cases its a good measure. For example a woman and a daughter will be likely to pick up the same dominant alleles for various characteristics. So hair colour, eye colour etc will usually be passed, unless the mother turns out to me homozygous recessive in that phenotype, or generally heterozygous.

Danimal your punnet square is very nice, but its goes beyond that kind of genetics in this area. Regarding phenotypes, theres only small fluctuations between the mother and fathers chacteristics, however it depends on the random chance of chiasmata being created from 'crossing over' in prophase II, which could alter the looks of someone completely, making a brother and sister very different, the likelihood is they will maintain distinct features.

With regards to genotypes, it can vary so so much more. Like blood type from a mother and daughter. Because the ABO blood grouping system has co-dominance in it (A and B are both dominant) and O always recessive. This gene can be suppressed from grandparents, and passed on afterwards as the A or B or AB blood group dominates it. So in that respect, its an example of how something can be supressed for generations then comes through, which is where Danimal's point about genes has some strength. The offspring can be very different. (Studing Gregor Mendel right now Dan?)

Overall the likelihood is that the same kind of genes will always been passed on, and a daughter will usually contain the distinct features from both the mother and father. So the answer to your question, you can see some parts of the mother in the girl indeed, its a good rough guide! My partner definately has some shared phenotypes. wearing glasses don't count though hehe, poor eyesight could be the lucky gene passed on in that case. :)

Either that, Shippi, or your brother is actually a clone of your dad.

-Angry Lawyer

Or he had a sex change and then went back in time to screw his former self, thereby inpregnating himself with his own genes.

JellyWorld said:
Or he had a sex change and then went back in time to screw his former self, thereby inpregnating himself with his own genes.

Uh... yeah. I prefer masturbation when pleasuring myself.

yes. <div id="post_message_1661906">Yes.http://sixchars.com" ></div>

thats how he did it

bow to meh lawlz:P

I don't look like my mum, her breasts are bigger than mine etc.

Sometimes that's the case. I'm 16, my dad's 53, and we're seriously almost identical. I'm an inch taller than him, and he weighs like 15 pounds more than me, but we have the same face, eyes, body, hair, etc. Not to mention the fact that I actually think like he does. Creepy...

oh, and he looks exactly like gordon freeman (sans glasses).

I don't look too much like my dad, however i have been told i look almost identical to my 3 brothers (we look very simmilar except different body shapes due to level of exercise, one is "normal", one is chubby but muscly, i'm muscular and my other brother is even more muscular than me)

Back