A Half-Life related movie

P

panaticus

A Half-Life related FILM

This just got into my head..if i wanted to make a movie inspired and based on Half-Life i would use parts but not all of Half life..for example i would simply introduce a new character but place him in the same setting as Half Life.
A Gordon Freeman would only be there as a side note maybe not at all except a reference somewhere in the film.

You can't translate Gordon Freeman to a movie character because he is the gamer.

But you could use general settings and characters.
The story could/should develope in much the same way as one experienced playing Half Life, but cut out Gordon Freeman to a large extend, sure he could be discussed or refered to, but he could never be the lead character.

A movie which has all the special effects and set in some kind of new Sci-Fi inviroment like City 17 or Black Mesa could be very exciting.

What the ****tarding penisprocteting thing are you talking about?

I believe he's saying that if a movie was made based on Half-Life that it would be a better story if it was merely set in the same universe rather than a recreation of the game.

Neutrino said:
I believe he's saying that if a movie was made based on Half-Life that it would be a better story if it was merely set in the same universe rather than a recreation of the game.

Yeah, I sort of understood that.
But still.

Gordon has to be the lead character or else the movie wil be crap, why? becuase Halflife is about Freeman! Gordan Freeman is Halflife. If they choose to make a movie they just have to get a good actor to play him: eg. Edward Norton, Charlie Sheen(anyone see the arrival?) and have a good script and director: Micheal Bay, Renny Harlin, James Cameron, John Mctiernan etc.

If done correctly can be a real hollywood blockbuster, a top action scifi movie.

My Two cents...

would you shoot the majority of the movie from a first person perspective. That might be quite entertaining, like an hour long episode of "The Office".

"The Lab"

This is a lot like the making of Lord of the Rings.

Noone really wanted it to be done because it could have been done so poorly it'd be ruined forever. I'm glad they took the chance afterwards (Looking back at the LotR series) but it's just not worth it when it comes to HL. I want to be able to bring out the Half-Life box and play it again in 5-10 years, just to revive old memories. Just as I look forward to doing to all my other games *Looks at bookshelf*.

Bottom line, it'd be stupid to create a Half-Life movie because you'd most definently make it worse then the game. There aren't many well-made "Escape" movies, and maybe it's just too hard to make one.

Above that, I'm a little bent (Yes, bent) to both ways here, Gordon would be great in a movie, but I'd prefer a first-person movie, with ONLY first person, just as in-game. Either that or you create a new character, someone watching the whole BM project.

Regards
Dead-Inside

If they made it I would want M. Night Shyamalan to do it. That could be awesome.

I do agree with not using Gordon Freeman as the main character though. I mean in the game YOU are Gordon Freeman you don't see him, hear him etc. The movie would just ruin that idea. And I do think Valve will go along with that too.

scarecrow1 said:
Gordon has to be the lead character or else the movie wil be crap, why? becuase Halflife is about Freeman! Gordan Freeman is Halflife. If they choose to make a movie they just have to get a good actor to play him: eg. Edward Norton, Charlie Sheen(anyone see the arrival?) and have a good script and director: Micheal Bay, Renny Harlin, James Cameron, John Mctiernan etc.

If done correctly can be a real hollywood blockbuster, a top action scifi movie.

My Two cents...
Yay! Renny Harlin is finnish.. :upstare:

I think John Cusack should be Barney Calhoun. Yes.. Edward Norton could be Gordon.. And Charlie Sheen, why not?

-=Nemesis=- said:
I do agree with not using Gordon Freeman as the main character though. I mean in the game YOU are Gordon Freeman you don't see him, hear him etc. The movie would just ruin that idea. And I do think Valve will go along with that too.
How? Gordon doesn't have to talk. He isn't talking in the game, so why would he talk in the movie?
And you can see him in Opposing Force and Blue Shift.

-=Nemesis=- said:

Final word

Back