A manual?

T

ToXic FoX

Is it just me, or did Half life 2 not come with any manual or literature in the box?

its an fps, do you really need a manual? that just adds more to the price of the game.

Who cares...What else is there to know except the binds...You can get all the other information on the internet..

It only came with a little card telling you how to move, it tells you all you need to know as you progress through the game.

well. support told me that the requirement of a T & L graphics card is listed inside and on the box.. yea.. right

No it's on the box under minimum requirements.

lol y wouldnt they and why would u ever need a manual for this game

For now, just blame vivendi. They're not allowed to publish Valve games after August 31st, and the crap job they did with the packaging, they frankly deserve it.

Scenario: Your hottest property is being distributed over the internet by the developer and they're not giving you a penny for it.

Do you:

a) Create a boxed product to end all boxed products?
b) Excrete on a piece of paper, and forget to design a manual to put in the case?

Perhaps things will be different with EA...

kupoartist said:
For now, just blame vivendi. They're not allowed to publish Valve games after August 31st, and the crap job they did with the packaging, they frankly deserve it.

Scenario: Your hottest property is being distributed over the internet by the developer and they're not giving you a penny for it.

Do you:

a) Create a boxed product to end all boxed products?
b) Excrete on a piece of paper, and forget to design a manual to put in the case?

Perhaps things will be different with EA...

so valve is going to let EA to sell the boxed version of hl2?

giant384 said:
so valve is going to let EA to sell the boxed version of hl2?
I heard EA is going to publish the xbox version of HL2 and HL2:Aftermath.

I got the standard Retail version from Amazon.com (had the G-Man on it).

^Ben said:
No it's on the box under minimum requirements.

Minimum System Requirements:
1.2 Ghz Processor - 256 MB RAM - DirectX 7 level graphics card - Windows 2000/XP/Me/98 - 4.5 GB of available Hard Drive space - Mouse - Keyboard - Internet connection required.

thats it.. i dont see any T & L requirements... unless maybe someone is BLIND!

DX7 includes the T&L functionality.

i dont know what some of you are talking about, but there's still tons of boxed half-life games in stores near my house.
but as for the manual, i was dissapointed that all i got was a little peice of paper with the controls on it. it's not like i really needed a manual, but thats actually something i look forward to when buying a game. not to learn how to play the game, but just to read and look at and have for the collection. i was pissed when i bought a used copy of half life for ps2 and it didnt have the manual. it's just incomplete without it. that's why i'm going to bug the place i bought it at until they give me one.
but i guess that since half life 2 never had a manual, you can't really miss what was never there so it's fine i suppose. i think a manual would've been cool though because one of the main reasons i buy games is because you get the box and the artwork and stuff.

The Bait said:
The agreement includes the rights to a GOTY edition of HL2, including CS:Source, HL2DM and HL:Source. No word on the retail legacy beyond that, but the terms of Valve and Vivendi's split were that Vivendi had to cease distribution of Valve titles after August 31st.

Total speculation this, but nevertheless: with the default retail package upgraded to include HL:Source, the basic steam package (bronze) will probably be upgraded also. For new customers only of course.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86877&highlight=Publisher

Indeed mrs Toxic Fox. It says DirectX7 level graphics card wich is a TNT2 or never and yes they had T&L. (I think the voodoo2 had as well?) anyway SIS is crapcrapcrap who made u buy this and when???

And to answer your question in plain english:
The standard version of the game does not come with an actual manualThe collectors edition however, comes with a walkthrough and in depth book.

I think not including a manual was a brilliant idea. What's in a manual
Story: the player isn't supposed to know what's going on so they couldn't include that
Controls: on sheet
Trouble-shooting: you have to have the internet to play the game anyway there might as well only be online support

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
Indeed mrs Toxic Fox. It says DirectX7 level graphics card wich is a TNT2 or never and yes they had T&L. (I think the voodoo2 had as well?) anyway SIS is crapcrapcrap who made u buy this and when???

And to answer your question in plain english:
The standard version of the game does not come with an actual manualThe collectors edition however, comes with a walkthrough and in depth book.

no one put a virtual gun to my head and said.. "buy this." I needed a video card to play halo on the pc. So, i went to my familys pc store and said, "Oh look, this one will work and I'm not stealing that much money from the company."

Then Hl2 wouldn't work.. so I said the same thing in choosing my $50 video card made by geforce or whatever...

I don't need a manual, but tech support said that there was literature in the box on system requirements.. duh.. where.. right?

The Bait said:
By the way I didn't mean a xbox version of Aftermath. I just ment Aftermath...just so people won't get confused.

Back