A message to McDonalds

CokeLite

Reaction score
Nothing has ever driven me to E-mail a company critisizing them for some reason until now. As some of you may know McDonalds has begun trying to be "hip" and "cool" in their advertizements on the radio and TV for about a month now making them sound like a Hip-Hop song with the motto "Im loving it". The end result is a Commercial that whenever it comes on I have to change the channel because of the sheer annoyance of it. The text below is what I sent to their advertizing department Via. E-Mail:

I gotta tell you something on behalf of all of Central Florida in reguards to your new "hip" Radio/TV commercials. Please stop trying to be "hip" and to fit in with the younger generation, you are making yourself look stupid. Every time me and my friends hear "ba ba ba ba baaaaa" on the radio the station is changed IMMEDIATELY. Please listen to me. YOUR NEW ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE RADIO IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER TO BE PUT ON THE AIR. Whats next? Are you going to dress Ronald up like Mr. T and change his motto to "I pity the foo who dont like the BigMac."??? Nobody when they are hungry thinks of the restraunts around them and says "I will go to McDonalds because they seem really "hip".". They go to the place where they can get the most bang for their buck. I can go to Burger king and get a Double Cheeseburger from them for 1$ that is huge compared to your pathetic (I.M.O) excuse for a Double Cheeseburger that is smashed into a size of a cookie and has about as much taste as a piece of cardboard I.M.H.O.

Please, for the love of god put your money into your foods taste and not the advertisements. Everybody knows what a McDonalds is.

Did I make sense I.Y.O??

Oh very constructive. Funnily enough, I don't think they'll be recalling the adverts.

Originally posted by CokeLite
Nothing has ever driven me to E-mail a company critisizing them for some reason until now. As some of you may know McDonalds has begun trying to be "hip" and "cool" in their advertizements on the radio and TV for about a month now making them sound like a Hip-Hop song with the motto "Im loving it". The end result is a Commercial that whenever it comes on I have to change the channel because of the sheer annoyance of it. The text below is what I sent to their advertizing department Via. E-Mail:

I gotta tell you something on behalf of all of Central Florida in reguards to your new "hip" Radio/TV commercials. Please stop trying to be "hip" and to fit in with the younger generation, you are making yourself look stupid. Every time me and my friends hear "ba ba ba ba baaaaa" on the radio the station is changed IMMEDIATELY. Please listen to me. YOUR NEW ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE RADIO IS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER TO BE PUT ON THE AIR. Whats next? Are you going to dress Ronald up like Mr. T and change his motto to "I pity the foo who dont like the BigMac."??? Nobody when they are hungry thinks of the restraunts around them and says "I will go to McDonalds because they seem really "hip".". They go to the place where they can get the most bang for their buck. I can go to Burger king and get a Double Cheeseburger from them for 1$ that is huge compared to your pathetic (I.M.O) excuse for a Double Cheeseburger that is smashed into a size of a cookie and has about as much taste as a piece of cardboard I.M.H.O.

Please, for the love of god put your money into your foods taste and not the advertisements. Everybody knows what a McDonalds is.

Did I make sense I.Y.O??

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=lovin_it

You should go into a McDonalds, get some straws and ram them up the managers nostrils, do the click-your-fingers-and-point move (you know what i mean) at the person and *edit* sing "i'm lovin' it" and walk out.

DUDES!!!! Considering most people suck try this. Go into a mac donalds then order a double cheese burger. When you get your dcburger go to a table and sit down, but make sure you got a lot lot lot of ketchup first. Take the ketchup and pour at least 5 or 6 packs in the burger, and also leave one of the plastic packages under the bun. Go back up tp the counter and show them what they sold you. If you want to take it any farther start screaming at them. Anyways, see where it goes and thats when the fun starts....you may even get a free burger in the process.

i'm NOT gonna go there... and in those McGridle sandwiches.... there is NO maple syrup baked into it. a major maple syrup co. in cleveland bought one to see which maple syrup company they were using and there wasn't any syrup to begin with!

I h8 Mcdonalds so much.... Hope your wish comes true... more power to ya.

Dude.........like I said, McDonalds is horrible.

They basicly have the feeling that they are so freakn' amazing, they think they can say, " Your a dumbass, eat this" and get away with it.

Interestingly enough...I found an email depictiting a picture of a chicken-head shapped nugget.
It was the actual head of a chicken.
:eek:

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Interestingly enough...I found an email depictiting a picture of a chicken-head shapped nugget.
It was the actual head of a chicken.
:eek:

Well .. a deep fried chicken head would be kind of crunchy ...

I agree, their advertisements suck and are so f'n annoying!

the "im loving it" ones are bad, but still better than their previous ones: "big mac y'all"
Damn that was annoying...

hamburger.jpg

Glad you all agree. I am reading the LoneDeranger's link and it is funny as hell. He hit the nail on the head with that one

Yeah, the majority agrees, McDonald ads suck.
Let's make fun of Ronald McDoncald:D:D:D:D!

I have twenty dollars that this ad campaign was made up of five 3 hour meetings. On the last meeting a bored worker jokes to the guy next to him with the line "I'm lovin' this". Thus the ad campagin from Hell began.

I almost threw up after eating a McGriddle... But its like crack! I need another one...

You'd be surprised how much thought and research is put into their marketing campaigns. The real sad thing as that it works on some people.

I must be living in another country. The burgers here are 100% prime Aussie beef (yeah, that's probably questionable), McDonalds sells health food now, and the current campaign is "Do the Ronald".

Originally posted by Brian Damage
I must be living in another country. The burgers here are 100% prime Aussie beef (yeah, that's probably questionable), McDonalds sells health food now, and the current campaign is "Do the Ronald".

i thought we were doin the "im lovin it" campain along with the salads plus menu (worst idea ever)

i remember the "do the ronald" campain (lame) they did not so long ago

"do the ronald, do the ronald, do the ronald, the ronald mcdonald" :cheese:

edit: yeah, 100% aussie beef aparently, just cause its the eyes, nostril lining and anal skin dosent make it anyless 100% australian beef.

Yeah that's it, Salads Plus.

I'm just waiting for someone to make the obvious joke about "Do the Ronald".

We gots alberta beef in our mc.donalds, it probably wouldn't even be that gross if they didn't put 300 lbs of greese on it.

yes, alberta beef is the beef they found 1 case of mad cow disease, we r cool.

The reason they use 100% Aussie beef is because they dont want to ship anything all the way there. It would be way too much of an expence to them. I just hope your slaughterhouses are run better than ours. (i did a report on it.....its bad)

Don't make fun of ol'Ronald. Remember that even though he looks like a complete idiot with the white and red makeup, he did found the worlds largest fast food restaurant.

Originally posted by Draak
Don't make fun of ol'Ronald. Remember that even though he looks like a complete idiot with the white and red makeup, he did found the worlds largest fast food restaurant.

Ronald, red and white... Ah, he is redneck who joined KKK, but got kicked out because he wears make-up. All makes sense now.

//soap box//

you know... part of an advertising campaign is to get people to notice. regardless if this involves anger, irritation or other negative focus, they notice. its called branding. and it seems to have worked. i just ignore it. its annoying as hell and i switch channel when it comes on.

part of a campaign is to have music that is simple and sticks, Werther it sticks on your brain because it makes you mad, pissed of or in other ways mad is part of the campaign, the more annoying the more people notice. they are not dumb, the people that creates this stuff knows that they do stuff that piss people of, people are so annoyed by this, and yet, when they are hungry they go and buy a f***ing big mac.

Get my point? .. i stopped buying mc shit years ago... they are too big and people need to stop making them bigger. they kill the environment and treat animals like shit! have you guys seen a spy video of the Mc Donald's slaughterhouses in the US... EU ... Argentina ???

If you did you would never buy so much of an ice cream from mc shit or Burger king or any other fast food chain. ... ever analyzed whats in that late night kebab from the shop on the corner? Think not. (pukes)

I'm not a veggie, but i buy stuff that i know is prepared in the right way. Call it conscious consuming. And you should to.. this world is going to shit because Mc shit and other big companies Vacuums the ocean and the Forrest's of south America and makes it into gigantic parking spaces for General Motors

//puts away soap box//

just do what my mate did, go u to the counter and order 10 cups of water, than go outside and throw them all on the roof.

Yeah... contribute to the littering! ... man... when i go through town on a saturday night i see Mc D garbage every where... go look at the back of every Mc D... they got their own garbage mountains!

I swear... Mc D must be the largest producer of garbage in the world!

Well, as some other people have probably said, they succedded. All they want is your attention whether it be good or bad and threads like this (I doubt they know/care about it) are prime examples. :cheers:

for as long as people are dumb, mcdonald's will continue to grow. so let's evolve. everyone in this thread who's against mc, i want you to stop going there. make a point to avoid eating there and spread the word. it's not difficult to avoid it, the difficult part is trying to persuade every other moron on this planet.

i havent actauly eaten there in almost 2 years id say.......(walking in and ordering a meal)

But when your on a long roadtrip and there is nothing else around.....and you need to be quick ...there breakfast is "neccassry"

I decided to stop eating McDonalds completely, even if some-one else buys it for me. Although I did eat IN McDonalds, it was a cheese and onion sandwich I bought from a shop just down the road. Also, mr Badger agreed to stop buying anything from McDonalds with me and Stone wouldn't becuase he likes the milkshakes, honestly.

i love those new adverts and stuff, so cool to sing to....

la lal la la laaa, i'm loving it!

good, no?

I remember my 9th grade biology teacher showing us all his books about people getting sick from fast food stuff. Then he told us that everyone should work at McDonald's, that way they'll never want to go back again... haha.

Back