A neat real-time Physics Demo (Non-Havok)...

T

Twilight

http://www.vividimage.co.uk/ActorDemo.htm

It puts you in a medium size room and lets you pick, throw, drop, etc, just about everything in there, which includes flower pots, cue balls, hanging lights, shelves, knickknacks, and more.

It also lets you turn the gravity off or on at will, as well as summon bombs that you can place where ever you like. Putting a bomb beneath a pile of pots and shelves with gravity off is entertaining, to say the least.

Finally, you can save the state of the room at any time, so if you manage to balance all of the balls on top of each other, or make a Rube Goldbergesque setup, you can save it and we can all try it.

Just thought you would enjoy another look at how fun physics can make even a simple room.

Twilight

But good, and some people may not have run across it. If everyone's already seen this, I apologize.

Twilight

Yeah that i saw long time ago, thats what UT2k3 uses or something isn't it?

http://www.shapemaniac.com/bziotd.php

This is another one. Actually two, but only one is interactive. They're about 500 KB or so, so not too bad for the 56k folks among us.

It gives you a pile of blocks, a toy truck, and a skidloader (complete with a fork-lift kind of thing you can make go up and down and move blocks, etc.) Takes you back to your childhood, actually.

Twilight

I was just going to post that one next, J-Boogie! :)

Here's a screenshot from the Actor Demo. It was taken with the gravity off, and a bomb had recently gone off, which is why everything is hanging in mid-air like that.

I've never posted a pic to a forum before, so let's hope I did this right.

Twilight

Attachments

• actor1.jpg
    actor1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 306
thats funny.. i posted this 2 days ago.. and alot of people did see it... to those who havn't, your loss... maybe you should stick in the forums a lil more often ;) lol

But the IRC channels deffenetally liked them...

this is OLD stuff mate :dozey:

Oh, I've been checking these forums pretty often the past two or three days, but I must have missed it. Think of it as a pretty good re-run then. :)

Twilight

PS
How about this one:

http://taat.fi/taat/porrasturvat/

Has it been posted before? Due to a bizarre backstory, you need to knock this superhero down the stairs and cause him as much pain as possible. More physics fun...

thanks for posting these fun things! i was looking for more physics games after somone posted about the havok one but wasent having any luck. im dling them now, cant wait to try! ive seen the porrasturvat one before, and suggest that you hit the guy in the left or right foot with full power, with about 180 by 78, should get u a ton of points ;)

I'm glad to help ReZeroX. I was beginning to think that everyone had already seen EVERYTHING!

By the way, green1152, you mean you've seen the Actor demo, and the porrasturvat demo, AND the bziotd demos? You must visit a lot of forums, or I've just somehow missed these before.

Oh well...

Twilight

why doesnt this shit ever work for me? jesus christ.

does a vanilla geforce 3 support texture compression and 8-Bit Stencil?

I hadn't seen it either. :thumbs:

Hey, $paz, I just noticed your monkey disease sig. That wouldn't happen to be a Pumpkins quote would it?

Originally posted by Peks
does a vanilla geforce 3 support texture compression and 8-Bit Stencil?

Peks, I've got a GeForce 2 MX440, and it works for me, so you should be fine. If not, as I said earlier in the thread, try downloading the older version at the same web page. That should work on a wider variety of machines. Either way, if you have problems, let us know what happened exactly, so we can try to help.

Twilight

yea i uninstalled ver2 and installed ver1 and that works..dunno why 2 wont work though

Back