A reason to buy Homefront

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Bringing you the latest TF2 news. New pre-order bonus. It looks pretty nice TBH and I think it fits pretty darn well. It's for pre-ordering Homefront.
tf2inshotblindfold.png

It has the "Genuine" green text that the Rift items do. Does that mean it'll become craftable/droppable after Homefront is out? I have no idea. Hope you enjoy your free blindfold Glenn!

Edit: The RIFT weapons are now tradeable and here are the blueprints:
Sun-on-a-Stick = 3xReclaimed + Boston Basher
Sharpened Volcano Fragment = Refined + Degreased + Powerjack

Reason for pre ordering Homefront? Because it looks like a genuine fun game. That's enough reason for me.

Eh, color and style wise the blindfold works, but the blindfold gives some grim and not very unridiculous TF2 connotations, to me anyway. Either way, not really interested in TF2 anymore. Also, I don't think we need a thread every time Valve does this.

Eh, color and style wise the blindfold works, but the blindfold gives some grim and not very unridiculous TF2 connotations, to me anyway. Either way, not really interested in TF2 anymore. Also, I don't think we need a thread every time Valve does this.
YOU WILL GET ONE ANYWAY

I just want some info on the multiplayer in this game. I need something new to hold me over until BF3 arrives.

The RIFT weapons are tradeable and craftable now.

Sun-on-a-Stick = 3xReclaimed + Boston Basher
Sharpened Volcano Fragment = Refined + Degreased + Powerjack

That makes it five weapons I don't have (others are Warrior's Spirit and the two Jumper weapons). That said, the two RIFT items and the Warriror's Spirit are pretty useless.

Is it just me or is that blindfold a little disconcerting?

I look at it and all I see is "Waiting to die" that doesn't fit into my happy-go-lucky gib-fest approach to TF2.

This is pretty much the loosest use of the word "reason" possible.

The only reason I would buy Homefront is if I find it in the 2-for-3 bargain bin. Even under the £5 classics collection would be pushing it.

What the ****? That looks exactly like Black Ops. The one video I saw of this game a while ago gave me the impression that they were going to at least try to make a more serious and realistic shooter, or at least SOMETHING different. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Anyone looking forward to this game now does not deserve to live.

As soon as I saw that knife attack in the recent SP gameplay video, I got a bit sad because this game had looked so cool.

They should have stopped after the Desert Crisis mod. Their last game was a mess and this looks even more unoriginal.

Actually, rewatching the multiplayer trailer, the game could be a lot of fun. It doesn't look as ropey as COD, and the maps are large and open. If they get the balance right, they'll have fixed three of the reasons why I hate COD in the first place.

Looks quite fun.

**** the haters.

I think the general consensus is that this game is basically a CoD-clone. But even if you take a conservative perspective and say that all this game was meant to do was to rectify the problems CoD had, it still had such generic and simplistic gameplay that it was hard to mess up, and therefore any step forward to merely "fix" something so simple without adding anything substantial to what was effectively CoD's core formula (minus the vehicles), would've been greatly belated.

Looks quite fun.

**** the haters.

I dont get how that man is funny?

"nigga, mother ****er, ****er ****er nigga!" OMG ROFL!

Regardless of how funny he is, he speaks the truth.

About haters.

Back to TF2, the beta has been updated with a voting system, coaching system and a system for saving, editing and publishing replays. Unfortunately I don't have it installed so I can't check any of this stuff out. Should be interesting.

Edit: Bots have also been added to payload mode (the best mode) and there are now Spy bots. Three new training levels have also been added. Again, this is the TF2 Beta and not TF2 proper (yet).

New promo items are looking pretty cool. You get them for pre-ordering Shogun Total War 2 but they're being added to the drop system too. It's Shogun-themed
http://www.teamfortress.com/shogunpack/

Items are:
  • Katana for Demo and Solly - On kill health restored to 100% but once you draw the sword you cannot put it away until you get a kill.
  • Banner for Soldier (the bugle is replaced by a seashell) - When banner is active nearby teammates heal as they do damage to enemies.
  • Some sort of fan thingy for the Scout - When you hit an enemy they are "marked for death". Enemies who are marked for death take minicrits. Only one enemy at a time can be marked. Does almost no damage.
  • Kunai for Spy - -65 HP, steal enemy's health on backstab (holy shit vs Heavies)
  • Hairdoos for Heavy and Medic
  • Shogun hat for Demo
Oni mask for Spy

Utterly ridiculous. TF2 is a parody of itself.

edit: why on earth is this in a thread about Homefront? Christ

edit again: oh haha I get it this is a thread about stupid pre-order items

TF2 is way too complicated now, I liked it and it's predecessor for it's simplicity, but there are just too many items and weapons now. Might be due for an uninstall.

Back