A silly thread about Gordon Freeman

DaveKap

Reaction score
If this is off-topic, sorry! But it's got some HL2 stuff in it, I swear! :dork:

A couple things I noticed about Gordon and had to wonder...
Gordon is right handed. All of his friendly pals with him (like in the Barricade video) are right handed. What's up with that? Where's the left hand representatives? I myself am right handed, but I thought smart people like Gordon were supposed to be left handed. Oh wait, that's creative artists and stuff, scientists work as being right handers I guess. But all of the NPCs are right handed too? Can someone show me a picture of any left handers in either HL games?

Another thing, Gordon wears glasses. Don't you think they'd break or at least get some sort of a scratch during his adventures? Wouldn't it be smarter to opt for contact lenses? Maybe not, maybe Gordon has an astigmatism.

Feel free to post your silly thoughts about Gordon :D

Dunno about anyone else, but I dont think gorden looks 27 in hl1. Maybe its just the goat on his chin.

I think Gordan has a huge scar across his eyeball's lense from a childhood acident that left him temporarily blind, and he can't get contact lenses cause they make his eye itch and water. So now he's forced to wear glasses even though they make him look like a dork. Oh no wait, that's me.

who the **** cares about the righted/ lefted handed crap

You're an anti-leftite! Stop discriminating against my people! We've been through enough already.

The thing with freeman is he gets treated like an idiot everywhere he goes in HL . Whereas the guard in Blue shift gets treated like he's the scientist...lol .

cl_righthand 0

/edit: oh thats a CS-only command :x

Abot the glasses i think that they should get dirty with all that headcrab crowbaring. Would be a cool idle animation if Gordon cleaned his glasses.
Also in Metroid Prime, the visor of Samus can get dirty from all kind of stuff, like steam, etc. It looks cool and ads realism.

aw, if gordon could clean his weapons like in deus ex thatd be kewl. i really hate vision effects though, like in gta:vc. they just get in the way and make you swear alot. i really liked the reflection of samus's face though, and i think it happened in perfect dark? (cant remember) but how funny would that be if you stood around for a minute if gordon took off his glasses and your vision went really blurry? ah man, then you loose them in the game and have to play blurry. that would be laughable. or somthing. /me runs away.

All the concept art of Gordon shows him with glasses, but when you actually see him in blue shift he's glasses-less.

In Decay for PS2, you can go to Gordon's living quarters and snoop inside. On the counter in the bathroom is what might be a box of contact lenses. That would explain things.

Being lefthanded doesn't make you a better anything.

The advatage of being righthanded is that a majority of your handshakes will be properly executed...

Doesn't he have the HEV suit helmet on, that's why you can see his health display?

And doesn't he have an idle animation with a couple of weapons, like the snark when he tickles it with his finger?

Originally posted by Dirty
Doesn't he have the HEV suit helmet on, that's why you can see his health display?

And doesn't he have an idle animation with a couple of weapons, like the snark when he tickles it with his finger?

true.... maybe the whole hl adv he has the helmet on..... nothing besides the third person view shows that he dosent wear his helmet... besides the third person model he is wering it all of the time...

Originally posted by not28
You're an anti-leftite! Stop discriminating against my people! We've been through enough already.

YEA! lefty here :)

Back