A social viewpoint on Counter-Strike and it's insults.

the double post was meant as a sarcastic jab at forum spam. oh well...

this seems kind of stupid. i think you're looking too deeply into this.

Hmm.
the8xp.jpg

hud_showtext_time 0
r_decals 0

At most importantly:
Realise some people are idiots, you will never change this, you can only try to ignore them.

bi0h4z4rd maybe you forgot to take into consideration that fact the majority of the people on this forum fall into the age group you mentioned, and probably use the slurs you described. They all probably feel out witted by your intelligence :)

v. owned, own·ing, owns
v. tr.

1. To have or possess as property: owns a chain of restaurants.
2. To have control over: For a time, enemy planes owned the skies.

Thanks. :)

I so agree with you.
I can't tell you how tired I am of stupid online gaming comments like "n00b". Who even started it?? what the f*ck is so cool about "n00b" that everyone (except decent people with some taste and intelligence) sprays it to everyone over any situation? It really is f*cked that people basicly tell everybody that they frag that they're newbies. It's childish and f*cked up......!

Im really like you, I just sigh to myself when people communicate like this in cs. But I guess we just have to accept that there are a lot of annoying stupid people who come up with these things and makes games like cs unstandable to play at times. They're all over the world:(

This thread had a really nice point and you people who point certain things out and turn against him on this basicly just puts a big note on yourself as ignoring idiots who Really needs some better things to do in life! Just to let you know

People who use most of the terminology you have discussed need a kick in the balls.

bi0h4z4rd said:
bi0h4z4rd was killed by SomeGuy with ak47.
* Terrorists Win! *
* SomeGuy then sprays me with http://myweb.cableone.net/wdavis/yum.jpg *
SomeGuy: omfg owned!
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: hahaha owwwned!
SomeGuy: j00 got n*ggered :)
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: he got raped
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: gj
SomeGuy: stfu n00b
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: pffft
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: f*cken n00b

*New Round *
bi0h4z4rd killed SomeGuy with m4a1.
bi0h4z4rd killed SomeOtherGuy with m4a1.
* Sprays both with "Gabe Is Fat" logo *
bi0h4z4rd: owned fags
SomeOtherDude killed bi0h4z4rd with ak47.
*DEAD* SomeGuy: hahahaha
*DEAD* SomeGuy: owned bitch
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: stfu newb
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: LOL
*DEAD* SomeGuy: eat shit and die jew
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: f*ck off lamer
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: stfu fag
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: f*ck YOU!
*DEAD* SomeGuy: you got owned now stfu n00b
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: really?
*DEAD* SomeOtherGuy: yup
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: I seem to remember owning you first dumbass
* Counter-Terrorists Win! *
*DEAD* bi0h4z4rd: Now who's laughing, bitch.

Written by bi0h4z4rd,
If you didn't like this, I don't care... stfu.

You sound just as bad as these people you're explaining about with such hatred by contradicting your main points. Swearing back at them won't sort anything nor will telling them to "stfu".

I'm surprised you can even get into the forum with such a huge ego.

i think when people call someone a noob they should be slapped. Im sorry, but your making fun of someone because they are "new" to playing an online game? It just pisses me off cause to those people theres nothing more to life than pings and video cards...

Shh guys, he says he doesnt care what we think, so NO ONE RESPOND
pwnt noob! fgt each jew ass bitch, n00b, u g0t niggared nub fgt.

LoL... you made up a false arguement, then somehow had a spray of a pussy... hmmm. Are you the person you are talking about?

i've never heard any racial insults apart from french ones :|

This is why I don't play that piece of shit game. It is like being stuck in a junior high class room the day a substitute teacher is in charge. Hate all those little cs ****ers.

This has to be the most retarded post ive read on here it doesnt actually make much sense , u ever heard of freedom of speech ? and most ppl play for fun and dont want someone liking you being a pedantic so and so . its boriing , your boring . yawn . im over it.

In my opinion, the use of offensive language is not precisely ideal in this empirical community, on the contrary, it is degrading the online generation to a pack of cavemen. But you have to consider that those who use these symbols for humiliating their victims in an online game, don't intend to use it in their original sense, rather they use it as the purpose of humiliating them. When you are "raped" in an online game, you are being humiliated so badly it could compare to being raped. Thus the symbolism loses it value, and it becomes just another word. The same system applies to words like "jew", "n***er" and etcetera.

The transforming of these words into innocent ways of declaring your higher stance over the victim is a very primitive and instinctive type of behaviour; it is the struggle of becoming the alpha-male, the best, the #1.

This behaviour is not as commonly used in society, since even though it exists in the same amounts, there are maturity norms which are absent in online communities and games. Children and youth get to say whatever they want and create their own behaviour, speech and hierarchy systems. The best person becomes the one who "owns" the most, has the highest postcount and is in accord with the best stats. Of course, man only cares about himself in the struggle for hierarchy and frustration appears when he is encountering resistance, when he is "owned" himself, for instance.

This is not modern behaviour, it has existed ever since our very beginning, it's simply instinctual behaviour.
When taking these facts in account, you can conclude the subject into this statement; Online players are cavemen.

Since i am an admin of a CS server and i see this kind of stuff everyday, I thought it was pretty funny and im gonna post it in my clans forum.

yeah i also though it was quite funny, why are u guys flaming him?

good job bio, well written i thought.

R3al1ty said:
What would online gaming be without a healthy amount of smack talk?

*round over*
Bob: I defeated you all in this online pursuit.
Jim: Yes you are indeed a fine player Bob. Although I was quite disadvantaged by my stratospheric ping.
Bob: Yes indeed, poor you, I sympathize with your connection problems.
Jim: Thank you Bob. You are magnanimous in your victory.

Hehehe. Good one. You really got me laughing there :E

That was ****ing awesome, lol.. thank you for giving me my daily laugh..

This is now my new spray :p

""shut the f*ck up you native of the ancient kingdom of Judah who can't operate a computer and is my owned negro slave who I sexually take advantage of."

ps- i liked that as well lmao

*round over*
Jim: Yes you are indeed a fine player Bob. Although I was quite disadvantaged by my stratospheric ping.

I play a lot of cs, I also mainly play at night and into the early hours, ie. when the kiddies are usually in bed.
And do you know what- I hardly ever see the terms seen here, Ok I admit I do see `Joo nOOb' a fair bit, but at that time of night its used in a very tongue in cheek manner. To be honest, when those more mature in years play, the insults thrown are usually much more sarcastic, funny and varied. In fact it's usually people taking the piss out of themselves more than anything else!
Of course you get the odd bellend who tries to annoy peeps with the pron and abuse, but hey, I usually find it quite amusing anyway..... afterall I get to laugh at the fact that these idiots have to live with being themselves:)

Originally Posted by R3al1ty
What would online gaming be without a healthy amount of smack talk?

*round over*

hahahaha that made me laugh the most tho

PS. Does anyone here actually remember being called a nOOb when they actually were one!? ;)

This turned into a inmature kiddy war, All I gotta say is gj bio I understand were your going with all this. Only thing I will disagree with is when you was cussing back at that guy best thing to do is not give them attention.

Insecure people lash out at what they can't control. You suck at CS then you will feel out of control. Obscene images are just more forms of control.

Ignorance breeds indulgance.

Some of the replies this post has generated seriously makes me wonder about the average IQ of the people on this forum.

The members in mention put themselves into the same category as the people Biohazard was referencing, albeit minus the racism. Also, TrevorGrigg, your two initial posts just make you look a complete idiot who flames other people without actually understanding them.

I can't believe no one's done this yet:

(Fragger) said:
pointless Thread

Pointless post!

Anyway, nice work Bio. That was rather funny. I don't usually see a lot of this stuff fliying around because I usually play with the same people over and over, and they are usually mature enough not to do it, unless it's in a funny way.

Oh, and you forgot "powned" XD.

Splinter16 said:
bi0h4z4rd maybe you forgot to take into consideration that fact the majority of the people on this forum fall into the age group you mentioned, and probably use the slurs you described. They all probably feel out witted by your intelligence :)

good point

Duracell said:
You sound just as bad as these people you're explaining about with such hatred by contradicting your main points. Swearing back at them won't sort anything nor will telling them to "stfu".

I'm surprised you can even get into the forum with such a huge ego.

I said that conversation came from my own imagination for the purpose of exploiting how a common conversation goes on CS. I don't even talk that way on a server because the only one I play on is my own and I have to set the higher example.

xio2k3 said:
This turned into a inmature kiddy war, All I gotta say is gj bio I understand were your going with all this. Only thing I will disagree with is when you was cussing back at that guy best thing to do is not give them attention.

Same with you man. Didn't anyone notice how I used the only insults that I talked about in my post? The "cs converastion"--which I made up from scratch--is to give you guys an idea of how some people talk to each other.

Assuming I'd talk that way is an insult to my intelligence. Did no one read the "This conversation came from my own head and didn't happen" ???

Conversations that involve me are "stop the fighting or leave the server" :)

MangaelB said:
LoL... you made up a false arguement, then somehow had a spray of a pussy... hmmm. Are you the person you are talking about?

nah, as I was typing this I went to a cs channel and asked for a picture of an inappropriate graphic. Sadly, I got about 50 replies in a few seconds, but I chose the one that was used in a game as a screenshot to give readers a more understand of the "spray" affect.
And no, I'm not talking about myself. Again, I'm a server owner, I tend to monitor casual habits.

You guys should stop assuming bad things about me.

Back