A very depressing thought...

S

sabre89

Can anyone else here never see themselves even playing Halflife 2?

Either its just never going to come out because of another delay lurking around the corner.

Or its just so awesome graphically that you don't believe you could ever play it yourself. :x

yeah seems so close yet so...out of reach... i'm just trying to forget about it until it comes out and be like...w00t im in heaven

It's not very hard to see myself not playing it. I mean, I'm not playing it now, right? ;)

I can see myself playing it... IN MY DREAMS!!!!

Only kidding. It does still seem a long way off though.

It's also a very stupid thought...

I feel like I can't play it because I haven't yet replaced my three year old laptop.

lol trust me, its not the first game to seem out of reach, back with Half-Life 1, a month or two before its release people had given up on it, It was just like DNF, and all the screenshots people had were crappy, it looked like Quake 1 in techno, but people still saw it as the next big thing, then it came out one november and it ended a chain of badly finished badly made games and set the standard for future FPS's.

I'm pretty much keeping myself busy playing some golden oldies from my gaming collection(namely Thief and Jagged Alliance 2). I figure if I put it to the back of my mind, I won't be worrying about never playing it.

Just ignore guinny, he's a bit of a ****er

CLAYMAN said:
Children of Bodom RULE!
:D - I actually make this avatar with my elite skills.
Mechagodzilla said:
I feel like I can't play it because I haven't yet replaced my three year old laptop.
Yeah that could be a problem. :(
Nows the time to upgrade!
guinny said:
It's also a very stupid thought...
Okay... don't post in this thread again. Thanks.

sabre89 said:
:D

Yeah that could be a problem. :(
Nows the time to upgrade!

Okay... don't post in this thread again. Thanks.

you didnt quote me /kills self

CLAYMAN said:
Children of Bodom RULE!

At first I thought you meant Children of Boredom, seeing as thought this thread is obviously boredom-fuelled.

Yessir, can go fer nigh on two hunnert posts, on but one gallon o' boredom and a smidge of fanaticism.

Wow, I really am bored.

jabberwock95 said:
At first I thought you meant Children of Boredom, seeing as thought this thread is obviously boredom-fuelled.

Yessir, can go fer nigh on two hunnert posts, on but one gallon o' boredom and a smidge of fanaticism.

Wow, I really am bored.

I believe its that band in his avatar, ive never heard of those chaps

Yeah, I decided to change my avatar. Hopefully it wont get stolen by someone this time.

i can see myself playing it. Its not like they're going to cancel it after they spent all the time they did and be like "ah fudge, lets forget it, nobody cares." It could be delayed again but at this point, when it comes to pc games i've learned to be very patient and all the hype i had is gone cause it was too much effort to be so excited for something so far away. But when its released i guarantee it'll all surge back and i'll be one of the first to pick up a copy.

It seems that Half-life 2 is like a candy locked in a box..your just waiting for the right person to bring the right key :)

The key in this case is the announcement of Half-life 2 going beta, then after that moment...everything should go light speed from Beta to release.

Don't try and focus on Half-life 2 too much. Of course check this site often for important news but don't sit and stare and wonder when Half-Life 2 will come out...with all this hype it's hard not to.

Everyone will play this game very soon and as soon as Half-life 2 reaches beta...the hype will be skyrocketing. Then you can stare and wonder when it will come out because after that...it will be very short.

I don't know any information I'm just trying to be positive about the whole situation..and it works :stare:

wow children of boredom ... that original ... u've obviously never heard of them ...

Hl2 is not the second coming.

Hl2 is not the be all and end all of computer gaming history.

Hl2 will however be released this summer.

Children of Bodom are horrible. I used to listen to them when I was into heavy/death/thrash metal, but then I realised all of that music was pretty stupid. You will too, soon enough ;)

Honestly, I don't feel like it's been a year since we first were introduced to HL2. So I would expect the next few months to go by very quickly. The time is near.

Well i don't see myself playing it if its out by july.....cuz i'm on friggin' vacation in rome....

Ah well i guess i'll have something to look forward to when i get home

...granted the plane does'nt crash

scribblehead said:
...granted the plane does'nt crash
“And then I would be the best artist around” And as this string of thought wandered trough EVIL's mind a funny sensation of... Joy squiddeled along EVIL's stomach *twilight tune*

I shouldn't have too much trouble waiting for HL2 over the next month or two with my school work, golfing, soccer refereeing and my sisters wedding to keep me busy.

Baal said:
I shouldn't have too much trouble waiting for HL2 over the next month or two with my school work, golfing, soccer refereeing and my sisters wedding to keep me busy.

Oh you're marrying off you sister. I'll bid on her. 2 pennies.

I definitely see myself playing it... I'll be spending a lot of time and lot of money deciding what upgrades to get (motherboard, CPU, graphics card), figuring out how to install them, and paying for them... if the game doesn't come out I will not be pleased to say the least...

iamaelephant said:
Children of Bodom are horrible. I used to listen to them when I was into heavy/death/thrash metal, but then I realised all of that music was pretty stupid. You will too, soon enough ;)
How bout you go listen to your rap you ******.

jeez, it's just a game. You will be like wow for 5 mins then you'll get used to it.
Game is comming out, i don't care when. i don't sit at halflife2.net hitting f5 every 27 seconds to see if there is any news updates lol. the game will come out, meanwhile just stop trying to dream about it, the gaming experience won't be soo different from other fps, go play far cry, pain killer or BF till hl2 comes out. or just don't even think about hl2 if it makes you that crazy.

iamaelephant said:

Metal/orchestral/jazz music is all I listen to. I'm a drummer of ten years and I can honestly say all the best drummers are working in the metal scene.

Children of Bodom are very inventive.

What kind of music do you listen to now that you have been "englightened"?

iamaelephant said:

I don't listen to them anymore, too, but I still listen to Heavy/Death/Thrash Metal and I can't grasp the concept of "stupid music". When you say "stupid" you're refering to all the music you can't appreciate, right?

I don't think the best drummers are working in the metal scene. Jazz drummers in general are way more impressive and interesting than the Metal ones.

[back on topic]

Yeah, HL² feels very far away.

Lukes Wall said:
I don't think the best drummers are working in the metal scene. Jazz drummers in general are way more impressive and interesting than the Metal ones.

I guess it, as always, comes down to personal taste.

Edit: hey, I just realized I said "all of the best drummers", when I meant "some of the best drummers". Can't edit the other post now. :(

I totally agree with Lukes Wall. Being a drummer and seeing my drum teacher play jazz, its way more impressive then any drumming i've ever heard in a song. This guy can do one handed drum rolls faster then Trav Barker can do with two hands. Swear to god.

Anyway back OT: HL2 doesnt seem that far away now, but now that its closer, it kinda does....if ya get my meaning

I dont listen to rap Sabre89, you know nothing about me so shut your 15 year old mouth.

I too am a drummer and I appreciate metal drumming, just the music, to me, is just irritating and uninventive now days. Used to love it, but not anymore :D

And I have to agree that jazz drumming is far more impressive.

sabre89 said:
How bout you go listen to your rap you ******.

I'll agree with you there. I hate rap, but death metal is even worse then rap. Everything about it sucks, whereas rap and Hip&hop can have some pretty cool beats sometimes

Anyway, too each his own. And why does HL2 feel far away to you iamaelephant? Its only gonna be a month or so

Back