aa,af and v-sync problems

jimbo118

Reaction score
i've been having problems with aa and af recently,in my ati ctrl panel i have everything at app.preference so when i go to play cs or hl2 i choose aa and af and v-sync in the game options,the only thing is the settings never change when i alter them,so for example in cs i have 4aa and 16af on but in game i can clearly see that aa and af are not on

when i change aa the screen goes black then loads back up as expected but there still is no aa or af ingame,when i change af nothing happens,it just says 'cannot exec usercfg.cfg.wrote config.cfg' so obviously the console isnt recogniing this

i then forced 4aa and 16af in my ctrl panel but still in game there was no aa or af

the same thing is happening in far cry,i have app.preference in the ctrl panel for everything including aa,af and v-sync,then in the game options i select v-sync 4aa and 16af but aa is the only one that loads,v-sync doesnt trigger as i stilll see tearing and i checked my fps and it was greater than my monitors refresh rate,but with fc when i force v-sync in the ctrl panel it works.

any ideas as to why hl2/cs etc isnt recognising my changes?

comp:
3.2ghz pen 4
1gb ddr2 ram(533mhz)
256mb x800xt
xp
cats 5.1
intel 925x mobo

Back