aaarrrgg...problem after problem with HL2 and steam help plz

Apollo 13

Reaction score
I have 2 PCs one is downstairs and the other is upstairs. The one downstairs doesnt have internet I took my cable modem downstairs and installed steam with HL2, but how do I play HL2 in offline mode? Steam sucks

Every time I start steam without internet it keeps trying to update...WTF.

That sucks if thats the only way to play offline. What If I need to reboot my system...then i'll have to hook my cable modem up again. God steam sucks.

disconnect your nic from the internet and then start steam... it will ask you if you want to go into offline mode. there is no way to run the game without steam...

Tank

OMG....I thought I was going to play until it said steam cannot perform this operation in offline mode. Does anyone know how to get pass this?

can anyone help fix this problem plz. I think it sucks that I paid $50 for a game and can't play if something happens to my internet.

apollo m8 if you havent seen this yet read this itll help you
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52917
and your lucky i get the ****ing memeory cannot be read error every like 5 mins of gameply and if i dont get that my pc restarts instead so i have to play the game at my m8s house and his mum is getting pissed off i think :(

nope that thead didn't help one bit. I have the option unchecked and my HL2 isn't greyed out. Valve needs to do something about this crap. I will never buy a game from valve again after this crap. maybe it only works for retail game? I bought mine off of steam.

Back