About FPS test

D

djmasta747

I am getting 34.3 FPS on my 1.5 GHZ, 512 MB ram, 9800 pro vid card (256MB) . Mistake me if i am wrong but what the hell you guys doing to get better FPS. I am using the 4.10 drivers (ATI) and yet even when i put EVERYTHING high, i notice no difference and still get around 34 FPS and when I put everything on low I still notice no difference and still get around 34 FPS. I know my PC is holding me back but some of you people have a crappier system than mine and your still getting like 60+ FPS. Why? And what can I do to fix this?

We all have a better CPU. 1.5Ghz barely scrapes the minimum requirements. :p 2.4 is recommened I think. I'd upgrade that CPU, looks like a bit of a bottleneck.

dude you don't seem to understand what the prob. Your just duping the thread.... I am asking what i can do with my processor. Obviously you didn't pass english to understand

djmasta747 said:
dude you don't seem to understand what the prob. Your just duping the thread.... I am asking what i can do with my processor. Obviously you didn't pass english to understand

:LOL: I didn't mean to take the piss or anything, heh. I was really just answering this:

Mistake me if i am wrong but what the hell you guys doing to get better FPS.

I guess I should've quoted it specifically. :)

Acting like that isnt gonna get you more help! But its probably your processor, as he said. Or one thin could be spyeware, or the sorts. Clean your system, see what happens. If nothing happens, upgrade your CPU. There getting cheap, these days.

Are you changing the settings in your ATI Display Panel, or the settings in-game?

Ummm, no point in flaming someone for their lack of understanding, especially when you're using extremely bad english, and he isn't. You said you knew it was your PC that was holing you back, not your CPU.

maganged to get myself 82.5 with a standard 6800 128mb card, pentium 4 2.5ghz and 512 ram (1024 res, high everything), i am a happy hl2er

KagePrototype said:
Man, you took that like a champ. I dont think I would have been so kind.
djnewbie said:
I am asking what i can do with my processor.
Clock it up, pump up the voltage, and smell the burn! Or better yet, upgrade it. :rolleyes:

f|uke said:
Man, you took that like a champ. I dont think I would have been so kind.

I just thought it was really funny. :D It's like watching Sonny Corleone over-react. :LOL:

try to lower your desktop resolution i had mine on 1600x1200. but hey i got an Alienware and nothing can beat that. also another thing is i got 3.4ghz.

silverstealth89 said:
try to lower your desktop resolution i had mine on 1600x1200. but hey i got an Alienware and nothing can beat that. also another thing is i got 3.4ghz.
This helped me too,. once I set my desktop to 1024 and upped the refresh to 120, CSS ran like a dream.

But thats a gfx issue. Thats not going to help this guy. His CPU cant crunch the numbers fast enough. End of story.
djmasta747 said:
and that will help?
No.

the 8.07 beta drivers give me better performance then the new 4.10s, as do they with a number of other people

i get a few fps higher, while the 4.10s are more unstable and crash my system occaisonally

theres no harm in trying them out to see if they do the trick for you

could also look for bottlenecks... my housemate gets 30fps on normal CS with a new gfx card, when he takes his sound card out its fine... so watch out

saying that hes also got a bad motherboard and so on.. so you know :)

everything else said is obviously good too just adding my 2 pence

KagePrototype said:
:LOL: I didn't mean to take the piss or anything, heh. I was really just answering this:

I guess I should've quoted it specifically. :)

You answered his query correctly. In the end he'll either take it or leave it.

btw you can go try the Omega drivers but at your own risk. i put it on my Area-51m and it totally messed around with the settings and i was like running 12fps. damn was i crying that day

My processor on my other computer is 1.4 ghz and 1024 mbs ram and nvidia ti 200 64 mbs and I get about 20-40s fps.

I Use The 8.07 Beta Drivers, They Fix The Way Memory Is Allocated, But Only For Cards With 256 Mb's Of Memory. The Fix Will Be Included With The 4.11 Drivers. The Beta Drivers Increased My 3dmark05 Score By Over 600 Pts.

CEREAL KILLER said:
I Use The 8.07 Beta Drivers, They Fix The Way Memory Is Allocated, But Only For Cards With 256 Mb's Of Memory. The Fix Will Be Included With The 4.11 Drivers. The Beta Drivers Increased My 3dmark05 Score By Over 600 Pts.

Thank You Very Much For That Info. Lol.

:farmer:

CEREAL KILLER said:

ahh....too many caps... :eek:

but, yea, i'd say that you should upgrade the processor. Btw, a 2.4ghz p4 off ebay isn't that expensive :cheers:

Back