adding props

D

DoctorGordon3

Is there perhaps a way to add in props, like barrels and cabinets? How?

prop_static: for a prop that does not have physics

prop_physics: for, well you know :p

In the object prooperties there should be an option to choose its model :)

how do you actually select the model? i mean, what root folder are the models in? i cant seem to find any models to laod...

*edit* forget that, im a retard :)

Suicide42 said:
how do you actually select the model? i mean, what root folder are the models in? i cant seem to find any models to laod...

*edit* forget that, im a retard :)
everything is all over the place. Valve ain't very neat when it comes to keeping the resources in order :D

Thanks guys, just what my colleague and i needed.

Don't mind if i hyjack this thread do you since the guys got what he wants...

Anyway i'm placing props fine but some arn't showing up once in the game, they are there but their invisible, only happening with certain ones though like the trainstation clock and the combine door lock.

I've tried them both not touching scenery and slighty into the scenery eg, the combine lock is supposed to be touching the door and not just in mid air. but their not showing up. others are though????

im gonna also hijack, how do I get picutres and TVs to stay on the walls?

Fluffy_squirrel:
I just helped a mate of mine with this problem and he was mixing his prop_static entities with his prop_physic entities. Basically, a prop_static is a piece of scenary that is not intended to be thrown about by physics (ie. picked up with the Grav-gun). You can still bump into it, but it's not going to move. An example of a prop_static would be a gravestone, or a large tree.

Prop_physic entities are models that, asyou may have guessed, be moved and thrown about by physics. Examples are plentiful - barrels, boxes, filing cabinets etc.

Some models like to be prop_physics, some like to be prop_statics. Some like either. There doesn't seem to be a way of finding out what a models "preference" is in Hammer, but if you ask yourself "Is the player going to be able to budge this with the grav gun?" and the answer is "yes" then it's most likely going to have to be a prop_physic entity. If the answer is no, then use a prop_static.

Check the link Dark Elf posted for some much more detailed information.

Zio:
I'm assuming you mean getting a model to stay on a wall? Like how a radiator is seemingly attached to the wall until picked up with the Grav-gun? Mess with the flag options of the entity. Try using "Motion Disabled" and "Enable Motion oh Physcannon Grab". That seems to work with me.

I have a question about static props, how do you rotate them once placed, i can't figure it out, and how do you place the mounted machine guns?

Fluffy_squirrel said:
Don't mind if i hyjack this thread do you since the guys got what he wants...

Anyway i'm placing props fine but some arn't showing up once in the game, they are there but their invisible, only happening with certain ones though like the trainstation clock and the combine door lock.

I've tried them both not touching scenery and slighty into the scenery eg, the combine lock is supposed to be touching the door and not just in mid air. but their not showing up. others are though????

If the info SeriousStu posted doesnt help, then you might have done something I keep doing.

There are expandable circles in the middle of models for draw distances and are easily moved by accident when wanting to move the model about.

Select the offending objects, go to entity properties(alt+enter) and change StartFadeDist to -1 and EndFadeDist to 0. Thanks to
OCybrManO for this info in another thread. Helped a lot :p

i got a qu, rather simple. how can i turn a prop on it side, i want to make a loada barels and try gettin them to roll, any help?

Back