Age of Conan Collectors edition details

If I get the CE edition I might have a couple spare, but haven't decided yet. Seems pretty overpriced in the UK (as in, even more than a direct conversion from dollars).

If I get the CE edition I might have a couple spare, but haven't decided yet. Seems pretty overpriced in the UK (as in, even more than a direct conversion from dollars).

I know, unless I get something really worth it then its pointless I think.

the art book seems like it might be worth the added price ,,which is $30 more than the regular edition ..that said it all depends of when it's released and who is giving out what as a pre-order bonus

the art book seems like it might be worth the added price ,,which is $30 more than the regular edition ..that said it all depends of when it's released and who is giving out what as a pre-order bonus

Aye, but in the UK it's about 32GBP difference, so more like 65$US if you preorder :(
Over 2.5x the price in fact...

order from america!

actually it's up in the air whether the american version (and as a consequence; the canadian version) will be censored ..the UK version may be the one to get ..especially if you dont intend to play with north americans

I think if I order american version I'd have to play on USA servers.
Last I heard censorship was going to be done via IP address rather than what copy you buy. Mainly to stop Germans getting around it I imagine?

Last I heard censorship was going to be done via IP address rather than what copy you buy. Mainly to stop Germans getting around it I imagine?

That could be a plan, just depends on how do you get an American copy and also will the lag be alright?

Order from the US either from somewhere that'll ship internationally or get someone you know there to forward it.
I imagine lag may even be better than aussies would have.

I want to play on the EU servers since I'm hoping to get several rl friends and internet buddies to play too.

funcom specifically said that the game would be censored in germany to conform to their laws but that they may also censor the american and australian versions specifically when it comes to boobies in america's case and vilence in australia's case ..I think the safest bet (non censored) would be the UK version

There is a local "honours college" near me called St. Mary's College. On MayDay, everyone walks around naked, because the school apparently attracts a bunch of stupid hippies.

WHY DO WE CENSOR TITTIES?!

There is a local "honours college" near me called St. Mary's College. On MayDay, everyone walks around naked, because the school apparently attracts a bunch of stupid hippies.

WHY DO WE CENSOR TITTIES?!

I dont know ..because people like you irrationally hate hippies? and nakedness

love a hippie, embrace nudity today

funcom specifically said that the game would be censored in germany to conform to their laws but that they may also censor the american and australian versions specifically when it comes to boobies in america's case and vilence in australia's case ..I think the safest bet (non censored) would be the UK version

Yes, but apparently they're implementing the censorship based on the IP address of where you play from, rather than which copy you buy.
e.g. German IP address = German censorship.

I can anticipate a few problems there, but it's probably no less effective than client-side censorship where you can just order the game from a website based in a neighbouring country.

I think that's only specific to germany ..they said you could purchase a uk version to see the censored content if you lived in the US

I think that's only specific to germany ..they said you could purchase a uk version to see the censored content if you lived in the US

Hmm, when did they say that? The IP address censorship info is quite recent, late december or early january I believe.

Hmm, when did they say that? The IP address censorship info is quite recent, late december or early january I believe.

whoops I may have said too much :E

..who knows, they keep contradicting themselves but I too read about the ip thingy

It looks like I'm stuck playing a cut and censored version, because my former WoW guildmates and RL friends will no doubt be purchasing U.S. copies and I want to play with them... :(

afaik it hasn't been finally decided, but if the US version does lose things it's probably just nipples.
Because nipples are the Devil.

afaik it hasn't been finally decided, but if the US version does lose things it's probably just nipples.
Because nipples are the Devil.

I'll never understand the mentality of sex and nudity being worthy of censorship but brutal violence being A-OK, pretty much makes me sick.

I just want to play the damn game as the developers intended.

Back