Age of Conan Open beta May 1st

Meh. I'll wait until the games released, the bugs have been ironed out and some reviews are in place. I had high hopes for AoC when I first saw it initially. But from what I've seen now it doesn't remotely match up to the vision of the Conan universe I see in my head from reading the stories tbh. I feel a cruel comparison can be drawn between it and the Sadness that is SWG.

Should be an acceptable game about a month and a half after release or a bit more, that seems to be the golden rule with MMO games. It's a shame that developers can't just wait until they have an acceptable build. Chances are the stable internal build they brag about turns to pigslop when they release it as the launch day RC and people complain of random crashing and unplayable lag. I really hate the state of the MMO industry lately, (with the exception of blizzard) QA seems nonexistent.

I've played both the IGN build and Closed Beta and can't seem to level a character past 8 before I get so frustrated with the hitching and crash bugs that I quit out. I understand that it's my "job" as a beta tester to deal with this sort of thing, but I sincerely doubt they will fix things to an acceptable state before the 20th.

Blizzard may have decent QA but they still let bugs in in every single patch. Plus, gameplay wise everything became an endless unrewarding grind sometime around TBC release.

I suppose it's also that I strongly dislike the "heavily instanced constant loading" type of MMO. I like a big open world to explore with a variety of people / events happening around me and things to do. I'm sure Conan will grow into a more acceptable game as time goes on but for now I'll stick to my Warcrack.

I heard the starting zone has a bit more loading than the rest of the game.

Warcrack just became a joke, it gets worse and worse as time goes on. I would have quit even sooner than I did but the guys in my guild were ****in hilarious.

I look forward to the day that someone delivers us a MMORPG that is a lot heavier on the RPG and a lot lighter on the Mass. When I can identify a fellow player by his face alone and not need a tag floating above his head, that will be a happy day. :D

have you guys disabled bloom? cuz it's on by default ...and yes there is hitching ..although a few builds back it had almost completely disappeared ..so I'm sure they'll iron it out by release ..at least I hope so ..bad/spotty performance is almost always a game killer

Back