Ahh my shoulder!!

Silent Zero

Reaction score
I saw this pic
art_5.jpg

is this hl2 or hl1 concept art??? and why are there bubbles in his stomach? oh yea... and why is he blue?

Originally posted by Silent Zero
I saw this pic
art_5.jpg

is this hl2 or hl1 concept art??? and why are there bubbles in his stomach?

HL2 concept art, no idea why he's bubbling.

Best bet that the bubbles are future spawn. I can't imagin hot Headcrab love.

sheesh. That's a tad graphic, not exactly Half-Life's tongue-in-cheek B-movie style. If I want to play a horror game, I'll play D3.

Originally posted by Cheetarah654
i once made love to a headcrab...but he left me for another victim :(

You sure that wasn't just a chicken?

Headcrabs usually have to attach to the host's brain though. Otherwise how would they take control of their nervous system? (he's not attaching to the spinal cord either. The ideal location for attack is the brain stem, which is most available at the back of the neck)

Originally posted by Silent Zero
I saw this pic
art_5.jpg

is this hl2 or hl1 concept art??? and why are there bubbles in his stomach? oh yea... and why is he blue?
Wouldn't want to run into that guy in a dark alleyway with out a shotgun :)

Originally posted by Mechagodzilla
The bubbles look like houndeye eyes... :eek:

yeah, i was about to say they look alot like eyes to me. thats what i thought they were when i first saw them.

it looks like a symptom of the headcrab takeover, but I think it's in the concept art just to make it more eerie and show you the real power of the headcrab and the influence they have on the humans

Fun Fact:

If Half-Life was made by Running With Scissors, headcrabs would be jumping on your groin area instead of your head. ;)

i think this is one of the fresher victims of headcrabitis. notice the hands are not clawy yet and the mouth hasn't opened up.

any way my guess is that headcrabs don't necessarily need to get to your brain stem, chewing through your neck to get to your brainstem would work just as well

guys guys, wait a second that's a SHOULDERCRAB!!! RUN!!!!

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
Fun Fact:

If Half-Life was made by Running With Scissors, headcrabs would be jumping on your groin area instead of your head. ;)
lol, now can you imagine what they would make Alyx do? I don't even think they'd bother to model any clothes... probably add some female Combine too

Originally posted by VoidWraith
Headcrabs usually have to attach to the host's brain though. Otherwise how would they take control of their nervous system? (he's not attaching to the spinal cord either. The ideal location for attack is the brain stem, which is most available at the back of the neck)

maybe that pic shows that the headcrabs infestation works like the flood in halo... they us their tenticals to stab the spinal chord to gain control... thats why the marines colapse after being attacked by them...

The guy looks like the victims in The Ring (life sucked out of them type of look) and the "bubbles" look like serious spider wounds that you get from the Brown Recluse - it eventually and potentially causes gangreene(sp?).. you know, that flesh eating bacterium?
Yeah, the wound will turn black sometimes.. and bubbly - it's pretty gross. Damnit I hate spiders.
Probably inspiration.

Whenever my pet headcrabs 'make love' I smack 'em with the newspaper!

Anyway I agree with Ares, it looks like some kindof huge chest cavity reaction to venom. Anybody got a needle?

Back