Ai?

Boogymanx said:
Does anyone care to tell me how I can increase Combine HP?
There is some folder that you create a text file in called autorun or something. enter:
sv_cheats 1
ent_fire npc_combine sethealth 100.

Or enter that into the console every time you play. Teta Bonita is good with console commands, get the folder of him.

ríomhaire said:
It's funny because it's true.

Too right! :D

DoctorWeeTodd said:
MEDIC: Hmmm...it's a miracle, the missile hit me and exploded but I'am unharmed!

This really annoys me. I can see no-friendly-fire being useful in ultra-easy mode, for a player who has trouble not shooting his own foot, but on hard mode...

Yeah, the Combine AI is much better when they have more HP, I was driving my buggy on Highway 17, and the Combine saw me coming, took cover in a house, threw a grenade at me, and camped there.

Boogymanx said:
Yeah, the Combine AI is much better when they have more HP, I was driving my buggy on Highway 17, and the Combine saw me coming, took cover in a house, threw a grenade at me, and camped there.
That doesn't make sense. The AI is exactly the same regardless of their health.

Their actions depend on their environment, so if you give them more HP, they'll act different then they normally would. See for yourself if you don't believe me.
Put the zip in the C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\Half-Life 2\hl2\cfg\ directory

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    169 bytes · Views: 78
Boogymanx said:
Their actions depend on their environment, so if you give them more HP, they'll act different then they normally would. See for yourself if you don't believe me.
Put the zip in the C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\Half-Life 2\hl2\cfg\ directory

Could you please explain that more fully?

Boogymanx said:
Read the last page and you'll understand.

I already read the last page.. thats why I asked for you to explain it MORE FULLY.

The only thing on the last page is a couple of unsubstantiated claims that increasing Combine health makes them fight differently. Different how?? Better or just different? You use ONE cheesey example of how a Combine threw a grenade at you and then camped...? Why would Combine with more health camp? Wouldn't smarter AI make them camp when they have LESS health and be MORE aggressive with MORE health? Either way, what does any of this prove? How do you know they wouldn't throw it at you and camp anyway? Battles with Combine aren't the exact same every single time...

All I'm looking for is a fuller explanation, and I'm sure others would like one as well.. You can't just say something as simple yet extreme as "Increasing their health makes them fight differently" on this forum, not expand on it, and expect people to believe you and install some unknown autoexec. I just want to hear more about this supposed tweak.

Mr-Fusion said:
That doesn't make sense. The AI is exactly the same regardless of their health.
thats the truth
the fact that they have more health means that the slow ai processes have time to fully play out as it takes longer to kill them

john3571000 said:
thats the truth
the fact that they have more health means that the slow ai processes have time to fully play out as it takes longer to kill them
Probably.

Boogymanx said:
Ignore

Back