AIDS blades - it was a close shave

VirusType2

Reaction score
A primate researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles, has received a package containing razor blades and threatening messages.

UCLA spokesman Phil Hampton said Tuesday the package was sent earlier this month to David Jentsch, a psychologist and neuroscientist who does research on rodents and primates.

The Animal Liberation Front on Tuesday released a statement saying it had sent razor blades covered in AIDS-infected blood to Jentsch and one of his researchers.

It was not known if the blades Jentsch received were contaminated. No one was injured and the other researcher had not received any packages.

UCLA researchers have been the target of several recent attacks. Last year, Jentsch's car was set ablaze.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/24/AR2010112400970.html

That's pretty ****ed up.

Well then if the members of the animal liberation front are so against experimentation on animals then they should quit benefiting from modern medicine, because we wouldn't want them to be hypocrites now would we.

I'm confused. What did they expect the guy to do with the blades?

From the thread title, I assumed some crazy guy working in a Gillette blade factory was contaminating blades and packaging them for use by the public.

He should see what effect cutting primates with AIDs infected razorblades has on them, and then send the results back to the Animal Liberation Front, thanking them for their generous contribution to the project.

He should see what effect cutting primates with AIDs infected razorblades has on them, and then send the results back to the Animal Liberation Front, thanking them for their generous contribution to the project.

ROFL, I approve.

Or, since he's a neuroscientist, he shold send them a monkey head with it's brain exposed.

I don't understand why they think that threatening the life of a human being is better than, say, threatening the life of an animal.

I don't understand why they think that threatening the life of a human being is better than, say, threatening the life of an animal.

Because they identify with right to an animals life more than they do human lives.

I respect a lot of the work that groups like the ALF do.

I don't think it's right to inflict serve pain or misery upon animals for our own discomfort.

I respect a lot of the work that groups like the ALF do.

I don't think it's right to inflict serve pain or misery upon animals for our own discomfort.

Name some of the works that ALF does that you respect.

Setting vehicles ablaze is not really respectable. That's not all they do... but then again I don't know what all they do. All I hear about are the radical extremist retarded things they do.

**** animals. I will inflict any amount of pain necessary to them so that we may live in discomfort!

It hurts me more than it hurts them!

Name some of the works that ALF does that you respect.

Setting vehicles ablaze is not really respectable. That's not all they do... but then again I don't know what all they do. All I hear about are the radical extremist retarded things they do.
I don't want to say anything that could incriminate me, glorifying terrorism is a criminal offence here
However I do feel factory farms are a horrible thing, utterly evil some of them. When the law won't act, individuals must take actions into their own hands. And terrorism is a tactic, not a moral absolute.

Because they're retards? I don't know, they have to justify it themselves. I can't do it for them.

You look like an animal to me, but mostly these groups protest farming behaviors that are pretty wretched. It is a service to you because infection/disease spreads like wildfire when mega farms go lax in standards for the sake of profits. There are also several groups that can share the name without being in what i would call a chain of command

The ALF is doing a mighty fine job of displaying our animal heritage. :|

They're doing what PETA would like to do.
I mean I fully understand they're motivation

I dont support murdering people to get the point across, but I would like to see better treatment of animals, healthier meat and less meat consumption.

ALF is particularly well-known among animal rights' groups as being violent and hostile. They also support SHAC, a group in England with a history of violent action against Huntington Research. What's irksome is they go after animal experimentation which is usually not harmful to animals, and when it is they are a vast majority of the time under anesthetic.

If you're going to piss on human lives for the sake of animal lives, then at least go after something that is not serving science.

You look like an animal to me, but mostly these groups protest farming behaviors that are pretty wretched. It is a service to you because infection/disease spreads like wildfire when mega farms go lax in standards for the sake of profits. There are also several groups that can share the name without being in what i would call a chain of command

I don't want to say anything that could incriminate me, glorifying terrorism is a criminal offence here
However I do feel factory farms are a horrible thing, utterly evil some of them. When the law won't act, individuals must take actions into their own hands. And terrorism is a tactic, not a moral absolute.

Animal farms protests are practically never what ALF is in the news for. It's usually about firebombing buildings or cars, primarily centered around animal research facilities which are nothing like the aforementioned farming ventures.

When I believe in something strongly like I do with regulating and changing the practices of the animal food farming industry, I get angry at groups like ALF that only harm the cause with their violent antics.

I thought the AIDS virus could only survive for like... a couple of minutes outside of a moist warm environment? And what was he supposed to do... shave with random envelope razors?

I think it was a package packed with loose blades, I guess he was supposed to reach inside the packing peanuts and get cut up or whatever. And yeah, it's impossible for him to contract HIV that way. HIV won't survive that long. The whole thing is a threat.

Back