Air-dropped striders

That's not going to be a good sight, seeing one of those fly by. Imagine, you finally kill a strider and then a drop ship arrives and dumps another one in front of you. Very cool though!

Nice pics, i cant wait to take on some striders. Although i might change my tune after facing one.

yeah thats pretty sweet, my god please release it soon

Wut the hell is up with this pic? Can people get incinerated in this game?

Attachments

• half-life-2-20041001075451897.jpg
    half-life-2-20041001075451897.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 448
halflifeguy said:
Wut the hell is up with this pic? Can people get incinerated in this game?

i think thats a zombie after you take off his headcrab

That must be what happens to the citizens in those back rooms of the trainstation, the chair he is in seems to look like it.

Ya when i saw that i was like wow thats crazy.

Absinthe said:
http://emazingnet.com/pcghl2/image08.jpg

http://emazingnet.com/pcghl2/image09.jpg

http://emazingnet.com/pcghl2/image15.jpg

In all of the pictures you can see a ship in the air. But what's interesting is that you can distinctly make out folded strider legs underneath them. And you know what that means....

:O :O :eek:

Slap me if this has been posted already.

wOOt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ll be dam, this is so fuking COOL. :D I have seen these pics yesterday but I did not notice the Strider being dropd from ships.

This is so COOL.

Quit posting spoilers in the title, you could have named the thread new pics or something. Now I know there are air dropped striders in the game. I need to stay away from this place.

Be-vishead said:
Quit posting spoilers in the title, you could have named the thread new pics or something. Now I know there are air dropped striders in the game. I need to stay away from this place.

Boo hoo.

It isn't a spoiler if it's an official screenshot.

Well it can be a spoiler. I saw a very nasty one on page 8 of the PC Gameplay review.

You have been warned.

They said in the PC Gamer review that Striders are dropped, so yeah, it's definite.

Dalamari said:
That must be what happens to the citizens in those back rooms of the trainstation, the chair he is in seems to look like it.

Off topic, but yes I believe you're right. That appears to be a chair like the one in the interrogation room at the end of the Train bink. I have a feeling you somehow get to explore the other rooms at some point, or maybe come back to the trainstation later in the game and find this poor guy sitting there. I doubt highly that this extreme damage will actually appear on a character during an action scene, I think you just find him there after the fact.

-UnmarkedOne

striders can fly^^ and they are birthing littly ant lions in mid-air :E

Yeah, when I first saw this I fell out of my chair in shock. That is just the coolest idea EVER.

Congrats to whoever thought it up at Valve.

hey, thx for pointing that out m8, I never noticed that :D

wow, looks really cool :D

UnmarkedOne said:
Off topic, but yes I believe you're right. That appears to be a chair like the one in the interrogation room at the end of the Train bink. I have a feeling you somehow get to explore the other rooms at some point, or maybe come back to the trainstation later in the game and find this poor guy sitting there. I doubt highly that this extreme damage will actually appear on a character during an action scene, I think you just find him there after the fact.

-UnmarkedOne

nah, i think the chair is just a prefab. Valve had a team of people making a pool of "prefab" map objects, then the mappers picked objects out of that pool to use in the maps. that chair will be all over the game.

that ship will drop combine soldiers too?

will be cool that drop combines and a strider in the same time

Yeah, when I found out about this I was quite shocked that striders were portable.

Back