AK-47 Animations

Samio

Reaction score
Can I get some crits on these animations I made for the ak-47?

http://home.ucwphilly.rr.com/infonsmoking/Hudson2.rar

hudsonak4.jpg

that looks ****n awesome dude!!

how the hell did you do that?

Samio the new modeller god ? when did you learn to animate ?
damn those animations looks good ;D

firstly id like to say that those are good, especially so if you dont call urself an animator.

draw and reload are fine. but the fire one does look a little...sorta "jerky". i know its ment to be to a certain degree, and this is really hard to explain, but thats the only one which needs a little work. still great work though.

Thanks guys! :cheese:

I've never really animated with a goal but I have played around here and there with animations. I caught the hang of it pretty easily. Some0ne, you're right about the fire animation. I think it's the pin. I'll fix that up. I'm glad you guys like them.

looks great, heres some things i saw:

-the draw looks amazing. a bit slow but i guess it will be good in game.
-the fire is nice but maybe have 2 animations in a slightly different direction so not to look like a y0y0 ;)
-the reload is amazing cept i think the gun jumps alittle to high when the player shoves the clip in.

you ask for crits so theres mine ;)

good luck and nice job

did u model those arms? they look like the ones from bfv i dont want to raise specualtion or anything and im not labeling u as a stealer ..
it would be ok to use hands from a diff model to animate ..specially if its pre-rigged i hate rigging

No, those are the rigged hands in Counter Strike that you need to use for animations.

Very nice. What mods are you currently involved in? If none, would you like to be in one?

How would you see thse animations, I mean do you have to put thme in a css folder. I really would like to see them.

(sry for the question but me is a noob)

Thnx, it's really wierd I have winrar installed but it didn't show this file as a rar file when downloaded.

-akanimations2_1.avi: What you have done wrong here is the following:
1. The hand does not pull the gun here, it just goes along with it.
On frame 10-12 you can see this clearly.
2. The animation is too liniear (spelling?) I recon your translateAnimCurves are rather straight here. I would try to make it a bit more splinelike and I would try to actually move the AK further than deafult and back to default again so it looks like he's struggeling a bit to actually get it right. Not struggeling, but has to adjust it a tiny bit.
3. Why does the AK still appear static when the right hand ovbiously pulls the cockinghandle.?

-akanimations2_2.avi: Here you are also struggeling with the liniear animation. Not only on the main movement, but also on the part on the butt. Damn, I don't remember a single name today... :rolling:

His triggerfinger doesn't pull the trigger...

-akanimations2_3.avi:Here you have done right what you did wrong in nr. 1. Here the force from the hand pulls the rifle along with it. Nicely done. However there are things that are very wrong too.
1. It's a clearly intersection between the handle and the right hand when he goes for the clip.
2. His left hand leaves the frontgrip and then snaps back. Big nono!

For a guy who doesn't animate, this is rather good. You have some fixing to do. Do it and these will look very good.

i tried opening the avi's but the are all messed up.. they're upside down and it's like the frames don't really go frame after frame but frame over frame. so at the end of the movie i see all the frames overlapping eachother. is it nessecary to get the max file or something? or should i use a different played then DIVX?

The problem i see with the third reload one is that the reload is too fast, if the full magazine was right infront of him lying on the table ready, then fine, but if it's in a jacket pocket, then it'll take time for him to get it out the jacket pocket.

Bullseye said:
i tried opening the avi's but the are all messed up.. they're upside down and it's like the frames don't really go frame after frame but frame over frame. so at the end of the movie i see all the frames overlapping eachother. is it nessecary to get the max file or something? or should i use a different played then DIVX?

Try QT

Argh, why do you keep calling it a Hudson...? Noone would use a blank firer in a game! :|

...the anims are ok, though ;)

Back