Aks-74u

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Predator

Here is my modeled and skinned AKS-74U. This will not be going in any modification or anything, I just did this as a freelance. C&C please!

aks74u.jpg

like the model lots. cant say ive ever seen a wooden magazine though :p

gh0st said:
like the model lots. cant say ive ever seen a wooden magazine though :p

Many AK-74's were issued with brown bakelite (a hard plastic) magazines, which look a great deal like wood.

Though, as stated above, this one is a rusted steel one.

No comments on it tho?! :( By the way, thanks for the information. That may have been what it was on the reference picture. I just interpreted as rusted metal. :)

You're not looking for a mod to join, Predator, are you? :D

yeah, thats an awesome model and skin, only thing i hate about the SUs are those nasty mags. i think it would look so much better with a metal mag.

PS. i think next time you should take the render from the other angle, so we dont have to mentally flip the picture :p. also, the lighting looks odd, they way it gives two shadows is just strange. find some good tuts for lighting that are program specific.

The model looks alright and same with the skin. The skin is brought down by the magazine because it looks off and out of place.

I would give it 7/10 :D

Thanks guys. :) Also, Recoil, I am not looking to work for a modification. I mainly do models and skins as a form of art, as some people do, let's say, graphics of sort, or painting. It's just my way of art.

Pendragon said:
Nice work, I like the whole model, and seeing a bakelite magazine is a neat touch, as I actually recognized it from some photos my dad has. Great work! :)

Is it Pendragon liking something!?!

Well, I've read alot of the 'Help Wanted' posts and you seem not to like any modification that is in need of help. Even if it is well written, you try and find a way to come up with 'Not Original'. Everything can't be original, or there wouldn't be that many games on the market. Just give people a chance to actually see the potential they may carry.

Yea, I looked at a few back. Just, give 'good' critique more. ;)

True, but that's the majority of the Half-Life community for you.

i love everything except the rusted mag :) It's too rusted imo.

Nice work

*locked*

Can assume he stole this from somewhere/someone else, (see other thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back