Alien Swarm: Infested Releases Concept Art

Gothax?

Reaction score
There has been a small media update released displaying some concept art based around the "most common hostile alien", the Swarm Drone.

The Swarm Drone is the most common hostile alien type encountered by the Interstellar Armed Forces. It's a vicious killing machine with bladed limbs and sharp teeth, easily able to tear a man to pieces, even an armoured IAF marine. Standard combat procedure recommends taking these creatures out from long range, making full use of supressive fire to keep them from closing the distance.
[br]

[br]More information on Alien Swarm: Infested can be found here.

If they get the model and skin like that I'll be most impressed. Nice concepts, very insect-like although I guess thats the general feel considering the name.

Okay, only just found out theres a model screenshot on the site, looks more alien on the site and less insect-like, and I'm not too keen on the colours. Still, I don't know if thats a final model, but its interesting to see the transition of ideas and concept art into fully completed models.

Cool concepts.

I like them, hopefully the models and textures turn out okay.
Okay, yeah... The model doesn't look bad, and it's overhead from what I can tell...

I like the graphics so far. Looks nice.

This mods gonna rock, can't wait to play it for HL2 :D Good luck! Oh yeah, and make sure you normal map the aliens :p If theres some way I can help drop me a PM

special-ed said:
Is this like a hl2 ripoff version of NS?

No, it's like the most badass UT2k4 mod, done by the same people.

The concept looks like a cross between a hydralisk and a zergling. Nice obligatory scythes though.

special-ed said:
Is this like a hl2 ripoff version of NS?
Considering that it's an old-school top down shooter with a Single Player campaign... No.

I played AS for UT2004. Seemed cool, but for some reason I didn't go back to it...

Concept art looks very cool. So much news and media for mods, but like none of the major mods are out yet :(. Cant wait to play all these mods!

Back