Alien Versus predator mod on HL2 [REQ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2HSnake

Reaction score
AVP mod on HL2 engine:
I know that FOX will not allow to use this name - AVP,but what if we can call it a... "War of Species" or something.
I wonder if they allow to use AVP models and weapons.I was just wondering about AVP mod,it could be something like NS but with 3 species, with similar gameplay to NS but with open areas too...jungles,waterfalls,caves....

-Aliens have to defend their hive and kill other species.

-Marines have to clean out planet from unfriendly species and prepare it for colonize.

-Predators - hunters everyone knows what they must do - collect trophys ,or maybe build out a base.
I don't know how many features HL2 can offer,i can't even imagine.For example wildlife on some plantes controlled by AI.

[Aliens]-One of the possibilities according to the series would be a possibility when Aliens can stun a marine with their tail and drag them to the hive where they wait to be used by facehuggers (or maybe aliens should begin as a facehuggers).Ai controlled facehuggers will crawl from their eggs to attack nearby human.Marine which was dragged to the hive is watching action in a spectator mode.He can switch between: watching his teammates in action or progress of his doom..hehe.I mean he can watch his body inside the hive stuck to the alien-build wall, and see the time running out ,till the facehugger will jump to his head.In meantime the other marines can try to save him.And now-they can storm the hive but quick, cause i thought that there can be Aliens controlled by Ai in the hive so entering there isn't an easy thing unless the marines have a really good weapons and heavy suits.

[Marines]-they must build their base,build APC's factory so they can ride through the planet.They can buy wrokers in the base,scientists, but they must protect them aswell...(oh maybe that's not a good idea,cause when they'll go hunt aliens when they have to protect scientists..hmmm).

[Predators] - they want to hunt alien queen but it's not an easy thing,so they must build their base , upgrades, weapons,and prepare for a big hunt.

[Aliens] should be able to hunt predators, so when they hunt down a predator and drag him to their hive,they can upgrade to Predalien and that's a big problem for the predators as same as for the marines.Predaliens are the same class as heavy suit for marines or better,Aliens should have ability to evolve to Preatorians too which is a heavy suit for aliens as same as Predalien but they should've different abilities.

[AI] - There should be an Ai involved in a gameplay definately to add more life to the game.Alien queen or imperator should be able to produce ai controlled alien bots and use them the same way the commander can use his soldiers in RTS games or natural Selection mod(but how to direct an alien bot to climb up the walls in the cave..hmm..that should be Ai thing to decide).
Alien Imperator can use commander map and give orders [by telepathy] to alien players (they should be an elite alien squads).
The alien bots can defend a Hive because they can attack in a big number of ... 3 bots (hehehehe just kiddin)
number of 10 or 15 for example (cause HL2 engine capability is to 32 players throught the net ,maybe more on the LAN games i Dunno so 11 player cannot create a real hive fight feeling.)

[Aliens] - In natural selection we can have 3 hives, i wonder about possibility to have alien imperator as a commander so queen is controlled by AI and just sitting in the hive on the eggs,so like in Natural selection aliens can build 3 hives with 3 queens,when they have 3 hives they have more possibilities and features.
[Predators]-As to the predators..well they should be in a number of 4 members max and no AI,they are strong enough.

[Marines] don't have to build their base from a scratch,there should be always an abandonned and ruined old base or outpost,...
You know i can wait a situation like in Aliens movie when marines are landing in a dropship and they're patrolling the old buildings searching the spots where they can build up an outpost,and that's a great idea for the Mp game.When they are landing in a dropship Aliens start in their hive with an alarm raised ,which says that other species are tresspasing their territory,so Alien Imperator give them a waypoints to the danger and they can go to the abandonned base and wait for the marines to ambush them.But they don't have to do it,Aliens can always attack the marines whenever they want,they can destroy power generators, so the marines don't have the lights and they must use their flashlights
...wow that starts to sound scary for me...

[Marines]-As for the marines bots hmm.Maybe the commander should be able to purhase a human sentries,guards.It should be easy to place some guards with weapons and give them some waypoints so they can patrol the area and defend the scientists and workers.
Scientists should have a safe area where they can escape from aliens when commanders says that,a bunker or something.If the marines are defeated and commander dies on his commander's chair or during the last fight for his life,aliens can open the safe area by destroying the power generator or something else,and slaughter the scientists - it sounds like a bonus for aliens for winning hehe.
It seems that predators can be the most dangerous and too strong on the beginning of the game
but i thought that marines and aliens should have something to defend on the beginning of the round,something that predators can be aware of...what do u think what that can be...sentry turrets?,maybe predators shouldn't have an armor on the beginning hmmm or should have a light armor so Sentry turrets or marine's guns can kill them,so they must wait with hunting and collect something to upgrade their weapons and armors....

[Aliens]- should have resource bonuses for kidnaping scientists and mostly marines-players-big bonuses.

Ok that's just an big Idea for the big wonderfull and thrilling MP game.I just hope that there are some talented modders and fans of AvP series that can do such a thing when HL2 comes out...I hope that someone will be interested, i am not a modder or skinner or modeler so i can't do a shit whit this idea,but i think it's a great idea,just play NS 2.0 with AVp pack and try to imagine what it could be...I really hope that someone'll take care of this idea and make a mod....If Fox will be against it we can always make a different models not according to Avp series and then repleace them with a custom ones hehe.....that's allowed.Give a new ideas to this project ,let's make it happen...
:bounce:
Even if Fox will not allow to use a models or weapons related to the series,we can make it work partially legal.For example , we can make models and stuff not related to the series but easly modable ,so after release such mod there should be release AVP pack,custom models and stuff.The same we can do in Natural Selection.They are not official but everyone can download it by themselves.So make aliens,marines and the 3 species and then repleace it with custom models and weapons...

here i can post some pics from NS converted to Avp like game, the first one is just a model screenie.Behemoth

Attachments

• behemot.jpg
    behemot.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 463
While I'm sure an excellent mod could be made, cease and desist orders would stop you in your tracks, especially if you advertise. If you want to make your mod, then you should gather a team privately and in secret build everything up to the final release, then advertise and distribute the hell out of it, get it on a few peer to peer networks like edonkey, gnutella(2) and fast track. Then when fox issues a cease and desist order (and believe me, they WILL and there is no way around it). You'll have become so widespread that there'll be little they can do aside from disbanding your mod team.

Though, since Valve's prepared to make everything go via steam, there's a chance valve may be able to block that mod being used on steam at Fox's request. So you're treating shaky ground any way you look at it.

hmm too bad.So I say again,someone can do a mod that is not related to AVP series,so noone will say anything,that's a normal thing,and then everyone who wants it ,can download some custom stuff and make his game looks like AVP...That's simple.But I am not going to make this mod, it's only an idea.Maybe there's a team that wants some of these ideas to use in their mod which will be very similar to NS.

Actually it would be great if Fox was interested in making such game...but i don't see a way to interest them,they will not say anything and then they'll release a game with my ideas and they'll say that this was their idea for a long long time...:cheese:

what about changing a mod name,there should be nothing AVP related,so FOX 'll not even relize that we have AVp mod.let say: cows and chickens war? :cheese: :naughty: or my grandpa pants?

next pred for HL...any IDEAS FOR MAKING THIS MOD ? I've got one maper...maybe there's someone who wants to take charge on this mod,and gather a team...I hope it will be a AVP fan.

those models a bit low poly for hl2? cool skins but still a bit not enough ...

but if i were you i wouldnt really got for the avp approach, even if you just change the name, they still can shut you down, epecially cause they are still making AVP games (console now) ... unless you wanna do what fallout suggested ;)

geez! i know that they are low polly because they are for Hl 1 -Natural Selection.

just change the design og the aliens/predator...then you will be fine...besides, a bit of originallyti will never hurt :)

Well nostradamus, a BIT of originallity wouldnt be bad, but the guy obviously isnt out to make an original mod. I'm also an GIGANTIC alien fan, so I understand that he wants to do the movies justice in every way, and not change things around so it turns into something else.

well, he would obviously get in trouble by making it, so why not turn it around and say you make a game with the same gameplay but with other creatures..i personally would like to see that... :)

i started to make an aliens vs. marines mod once, we made a few levels, half a model, then decided it wasnt worth the risk

It seems That I'll just give it up.Maybe I'll make some models for Natural Selection on HL2.Too bad.

H2Hsnake i emailed you and I havnt gotten a reply whats the deal?

Sorry hudson!!! i'll check it out...I remember that i mailed You back
I got mail from sharpshooter@... if it wasn't you just mail me again PLS [email protected]

Where can you download that? I remember talking to a guy who wanted to make one.

It's not ready yet.But if beta comes out everyone interested will know.I think that They'll say something about the release on www.PlanetAVP.com

So, um.. you're going to make this anyway? I love the avp universe more than anything but it seems like we can't do that.

CrazyHarij, don't dig up old threads, and this thread is OLD.. hell it probably predates me :p

*locked* ha! :E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back