All the new rock sucks

Wrong - Bon Jovi is Satan with AWESOME hair. I might have to grow my hair like that. All my ladyfriends seem to love it.

ComradeBadger, you are now officially my hero.

-Angry Lawyer

Nostradamus said:
WOW Kageproto! Didn't know anyone knew sikth but me!! :D
Never heard of those other bands tho..are they like sikth? brilliant ****ing band :D

Yeah, I like them + I'm going to see them on the 8th of December :E

SOAD
korn
linkin park
offpsring
slipknot
Queens of the stone age
Marilyn Manson

Pwnage :)

Nostradamus said:
WOW Kageproto! Didn't know anyone knew sikth but me!! :D
Never heard of those other bands tho..are they like sikth? brilliant ****ing band :D

Sikth do indeed rock. :D

As for the other bands, they're nothing like them really. The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster are a strange zombie-garage-rock thing (you might have heard their song Mister Mental in Shaun of The Dead, it's the song Shaun's stepdad switches off in the car. You might also have seen their video for Psychosis Safari, it got quite a lot of airtime. My avatar should help you recognise it ;) They have a new album coming out called Royal Society, check it out). Amplifier play epic progressive rock, while Oceansize play even MORE epic progressive rock (Amplifier's is just a little easier to chew). Kasabian are like stoner-electronica, The Music play funk-rock stuff like Jane's Addiction, and Atari Teenage Riot are (self-described) digital hardcore, which is effectively white noise industrial insanity.

Man, pigeonholing bands is hard. :|

I tried to get into some hard alt stuff like 80's b-line whatever guys, but I can't stand that 'really-fugging-nasty-on-purpose' sound.

Angry Lawyer said:
Ahh, but he does soft rock too. And inbetweeny stuff.

-Angry Lawyer

sorry, I was a teen when he first came out ...he wasnt the type of band that the fellas liked, if you know what I mean ;)

but to each his own ..I'm a secret fan of Gordon Lightfoot :)

Who else thinks Perfect Circle are one of the greatest alt/rock/metal bands around today? I'm so into them. Josh Freese is the greatest drummer of all time :bonce:

dream431ca said:
I hate the new rock they play on the radio now..I much prefer the older stuff like AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen.....The worst new rock band IMO is Creed. :x :x They were so bad..thank god they broke up....another bad band I think is incubus....boring.

Just my own opinion but Most of the new rock just sucks..it seems that the new people are just interested in making money and not making good music...this doesn't mean I hate all new rock..I like Train and some of evanesance among a few others.

Do you people like old rock...new rock...no rock at all??

I feel you man. Most of the new songs are good for a week than are old.

I like my old bands.

Bad^Hat said:
Who else thinks Perfect Circle are one of the greatest alt/rock/metal bands around today? I'm so into them. Josh Freese is the greatest drummer of all time :bonce:

Meh, Danny Carry is better than Josh Freese. He probably got a hernia from recording Ticks and Leeches.

KagePrototype said:
Meh, Danny Carry is better than Josh Freese. He probably got a hernia from recording Ticks and Leeches.

Carey rips up, but I like the way Josh can achieve so much power with so little effort. I haven't listened to too much Tool, mind you.

neptuneuk said:
SOAD
korn
linkin park
offpsring
slipknot
Queens of the stone age
Marilyn Manson

Pwnage :)

I love those bands; I therefore love you. :naughty:

I also love Tool. It makes my tool hard when I listen to Tool. Er.

slipknot, hed pe, taproot, pod, godsmack, soulfly, papa roach, deftones, audioslave stonesour, disturbed, older staind
pritty much nething hard!

Tredoslop said:
Disturbed kicks ass.
Multiplied by 234523409587! :D

When they gonna give us another album?! It's been like 2 years now OMG NEEEEED!

Letters said:

And multiply that by 3.14!
Mmmm...pie.

If you like MEtallica etc check out some

Iced Earth
Dream Theater
Megadeath (Think they came out with a new album like...this month)
Black Label Society

Tool, NIN, A Perfect Circle, Radiohead, Tenacious D, Apocaliptica, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Led Zepellin, The Doors, Gravity Kills

gotta love em

EDIT: SOAD, Korn, Minibosses (hehe). damn i wish i still had my playlist

incubus and rage against the machine are awesome! same with chevelle and lamb of god

-merc

Billy Corgan has finished his solo album (www.billycorgan.com) but it won't be out until spring unfortunately. This is an album I'm really really looking forward to.

People into the kind of music that is Green Day should pick up their new album. I was glad to see them still making music when I saw their new cd come out, but I have to say it's much more than I expected.

I love when a usually fairly generic band brings out a new album and everyone starts saying how it's new and different and great. It gets me so intrigued :) Especially when the first single to be released off said album is fairly generic itself...

Seems to be the trend nowadays, though. I liked the new Blink album. I was a fan of them beforehand but I never really respected them as musicians (except Travis).

Rammstein
Muse
Linkin Park
Franz Ferdinand

I love those 80s rock bands; AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Iron Maiden, ... I kinda like all kinds of music, from the 50s to 90s, but IMO most of today's music is just crap. If you want good music you have to listen to more alternative stuff, not that commercial BS they seem to make plenty of.

booogerhead said:
I love those bands; I therefore love you. :naughty:

I also love Tool. It makes my tool hard when I listen to Tool. Er.

tool!! tool!! hooray for tool!!!
lateralus is pwnage :D
if i knew wot it meant it wud be even better...

Letters said:

Why, they're in the studio now, and should be giving us a new one Spring of next year! :D A single will most likely be released even earlier...

Oh, and I'm "trying before I buy" some Slipknot... I never really thought about listening to them because some of the people I saw wearing their t-shirts... but it's actually purdy good. :p

genres are so confusing :\ if radiohead is rock, and at the same time so is linkin park or greenday, then, well, I don't know what to think anymore.

muse is good, havent been exposed to much of them though. being in america and all...

A good place to start for Muse is either the new CD or the Live DVD - Hullabaloo. The new CD is a little different to their older stuff, kind of a bit easier to stomach, although none of their stuff is overly alternative. The first time I heard them was the video for Bliss, I thought it was some crappy 80's band, now it's my favourite song :D

Well all this chatter about modern rock and absolutly no mention of Nightwish? Make sure you pick up Once by them at some time (Only £9.99 at HMV :p) Who would have thought a band with Metallica style riffs, a Female Operatically trained singer and the London Phylharmonic orchestra would go so well together. But it does. (Oh they also do an amazing cover of Walking in the air on their earlier albums, although they do use synth to a degree on the earlier albums)

Rammstein has been mentioned and the new albums OK, not as good as Mutter though.

Oh and check out Lacuna Coil (Another Female lead band, they seem to sound so much better then men.) they're also good.

And as far as Nickleback are concerned they are good "no-brainer" rock. Ideal if you really can't be bothered. Although if you have a Soundcard with EAX put the "Male to Female" filter on with Nickleback they sound much much better.

dream431ca said:
I hate the new rock they play on the radio now..I much prefer the older stuff like AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen.....The worst new rock band IMO is Creed. :x :x They were so bad..thank god they broke up....another bad band I think is incubus....boring.

Just my own opinion but Most of the new rock just sucks..it seems that the new people are just interested in making money and not making good music...this doesn't mean I hate all new rock..I like Train and some of evanesance among a few others.

Do you people like old rock...new rock...no rock at all??

Creed were Pearl Jam wannabes. The singer tries to copy Eddie Vedder's style, and fails. ALL new "rock" and "metal" music is sucky, they're all just in it for the money.

GREAT ROCK BANDS
Mother Love Bone - Would've been the next Guns n Roses (popularity wise) if the singer hadn't OD'd, (CHOICE SONG - "Stardog Champion")
Pearl Jam - Great rock band, 2 members used to be in Mother Love Bone (CHOICE SONG - "Even Flow").
Soundgarden - Great rock band, lead singer is now in Audioslave, (CHOICE SONG - "Outshined")
Alice in Chains - Great rock/metal band, lead singer OD'd in 2002, (CHOICE SONG - "Would")

I have Soundgarden Superunknown, listen to it quite often. Classic stuff.

Bad^Hat said:
I have Soundgarden Superunknown, listen to it quite often. Classic stuff.

Soundgarden owns

We need another Jim Morrison to come around, maybe then we can get some good music pumping from the radio.

StardogChampion said:
Creed were Pearl Jam wannabes. The singer tries to copy Eddie Vedder's style, and fails. ALL new "rock" and "metal" music is sucky, they're all just in it for the money.

GREAT ROCK BANDS
Mother Love Bone - Would've been the next Guns n Roses (popularity wise) if the singer hadn't OD'd, (CHOICE SONG - "Stardog Champion")
Pearl Jam - Great rock band, 2 members used to be in Mother Love Bone (CHOICE SONG - "Even Flow").
Soundgarden - Great rock band, lead singer is now in Audioslave, (CHOICE SONG - "Outshined")
Alice in Chains - Great rock/metal band, lead singer OD'd in 2002, (CHOICE SONG - "Would")

All great bands, although I'd choose Bone China, This is Shangri La or the classic, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns for Mother Love Bone choice tracks.

Early to mid-90's is where it's at!

Back