All this bitching!

S

ShanBoi

Ok - i went to bed last night with like 3 hrs to go before it was released (i live in Aus). There were a billion anxious posts, and i was expecting to get up and see all these posts about how good it was.

Instead- the board is full of bitching about how crappy everything looks and what not. Im gonna buy it no matter what - i mean, what difference if i spend $50 now or wait til they patch it.. but still. Im just wondering - is it really that big a disappointment?

Its always hard to tell with things like this if people are just being over critical. I dont know if you guys are, well, hardcore 'nerds' (for lack of a lighter term only), and as such you are just being much more critical than your average gamer.

I'd basically like peoples opinions - is it really that bad?

If you haven't played it yet, it's fantastic.

It DOES look good, so much better than cs 1.6.

Alot of people are being critical because it's CS....

There SHOULD be more content and updates coming soon.

I mean - i still play 1.6 a lot.. and im not sick of it at all. I doubt i would care if it were just a shinier version of that with better gfx, physics etc

It's CS with better graphics and 1/2 the physics of HL2. I can't make it any simpler than that. Other than that the gameplay is almost EXAct.

If you have a good rig and like CS, you'll like it. If you wanted more you will be left wanting.

i have a good rig and like cs hehe

i will prolly grab it tonight when i go home

I like it a lot. There will always be people that complain, it happened with 1.6 big time. People settled down and liked it. Its just the reason you hear so much about the complaining is every else is playing it instead of spamming the forums.

It's fun, but I'm not very impressed by it. Could have and should have been done better in my opinion (Graphically). I just don't think they spent nearly enough time on it and effectively just rushed it out the door as fast as they could.

Before anyone jumps all over me as they have been, that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

There are a few improvements that need to be made.

But I feel that people are critical about it because it's either:
Just a port and nothing more.
A little too different from CS for their tastes.
Have not become used to CSS yet
Just complain to complain

Of course some are just finished with Dust. hehe
I bet you will really enjoy it. ;)

It feels like the pace is different and changed from the old CS.

ShanBoi said:
I doubt i would care if it were just a shinier version of that with better gfx, physics etc
If that is what you're expecting, you will be very pleased. It seems some people thought it would be somehow drastically different.

everything is great... i love it!

-merc

Yeah I don't know how people get off complaining about it so much.
People bagging it because it ain't CoD or ut2004 (I mean I wouldn't mind if it had been built up by valve to be more like ut or some WW2 shooter, but they didn't - they told us exactly what it would be; a port, nothing more nothing less). Now we've got people whining because they were expecting something totally different.

I'm not wrong about the title am I?? I'm pretty sure I bought CS:source NOT CS2 (or source tournament2005 or Source of Honour!)

I don't mind the people who bag it because they hate CS, that's fair enough, it's the ones who expect it to be so much more than CS that get on my tits.

/rant over :cool:

There are two things I really dislike, that's it. One is how horrid the AK recoil is on full spray. The second is the FarCry-like aiming. Something about it just seems.. sluggish. (No, it's not my rig either.)

ShanBoi said:
Ok - i went to bed last night with like 3 hrs to go before it was released (i live in Aus). There were a billion anxious posts, and i was expecting to get up and see all these posts about how good it was.

Instead- the board is full of bitching about how crappy everything looks and what not. Im gonna buy it no matter what - i mean, what difference if i spend $50 now or wait til they patch it.. but still. Im just wondering - is it really that big a disappointment?

Its always hard to tell with things like this if people are just being over critical. I dont know if you guys are, well, hardcore 'nerds' (for lack of a lighter term only), and as such you are just being much more critical than your average gamer.

I'd basically like peoples opinions - is it really that bad?

sup man.

Im also waiting to get home so i can play it. damn time differences meant it came out at like 2 or 3am for us. :(

ive been playin the beta scince it started, and the beta is wiked. If you like cs, and dont have a problem with 1.6, then id say u will really like source. and yeah, id say most of the people havin mega spews bout the game being shit are prolly hard core nerds who were expecting a game 100x better than cs. ignore them, itll be worth the 90ish bux it will cost.

Its good for a starter, i hope they can add "more" interactivity in the levels, i for one love it!

i just bought it hehe. i was gonna wait but meh!

gotta work out how to make a spray now

ShanBoi said:

theres a thread at the top of the "general cs:source" page

ShanBoi said:

theres a thread at the top of the "general cs:source" page

Edit:

at least there used to be. it should be somewhere a few pages back

I played the beta, but i havent order the official (mom wont let me use her credit card to order it damnit), but from the beta, id say it fairly kewl. For on, the physics. The physics arent as advanced cuz they had to optimize it for the netcode, or else, you'd have 300 ping with a cable connection. As for details, they could have worked on it a bit more. But I dont get why everyone is bitching that the game play is the same. I mean, it is called COUNTER STRIKE source. So anywayz, just my opinion.

P.S.-I ain't playing it till they port Cs_Assault.

Bitching is for bitches.

I will admit though, that there are a couple of things to bitch about, but I'm not going to, because I'm not a bitch.

Back