All Together Scream, "Release the SDK"

slap

Reaction score
Valve, you promised us the release of the SDK in a matter of weeks, that was now 5 or so weeks ago..! You made it deliberately sound as if is was iminent..So where is it then..? Or are you just trying to stick the hype knife in a bit further..! Its already sticking a mile out of our backs..!

Slap (using a white velvet glove in the face)...

You have to use a white glove. And:
/me screams "RELEASE THE SDK!"

Yea but in the question he talks about the sdk. So I belive Rick from Valve kinda confirmes the sdk beeing put back.

I dont know. Im tierd. stop following me. nooooo

well its valve a few weeks means a few weaks next year so amybe

but what would i do if i didnt stalk you?

Well im betting the sdk willl come out around E3.

u should start stalking ray_MAN. I think he kinda likes that stuff.

mmmmmm
/me grabs random fourm person and does anget smith morph
well looky here now i can stalk both of you

I want the SDK when it's ready, and they'll release it when it's ready. It's as simple as that, why would you want an incomplete SDK, for a game where the source code isn't even fixed yet?

/me raises an eyebrow and the SDK delay

I've given up on the hype. UT2K4 is out in a few weeks and that will keep me occupied for a while. FarCry might be fun, but it looks a bit half arsed. Doesn't have that 'feel' that a classic game shoudl have.

/me repeats the mantra "Good graphics does not guarantee a good game

The mod I am on is on hold until the SDK is released. Its not a complicated mod so its pointless wasteing money on a website to get a fanbase when its not actually gona get done for ages.

Half my team is getting bored too. Its getting kinda depresing...

But I am confident that it will pick up when the SDK is out. Or anything to do with source rly. Including TF2

Anyone remember that lol.....

I sent an email about TF2 again. I would love to know where its at approximatly.

Well march 26th they've got some Videos coming out at GDC, so I assume it will be out before/ around then.

Yes, that is what I thought also. A week before that maybe, so that it would allow users to get comfortable with the UI.

Oh come on, were you really expecting they'd release it when they said they would?

there's always one, We were hoping they would, at least.

/me burps really loudly

oops wrong thread ....move along.. nothing to see here.

/me sobs "Release the SDK, for the love of god"

ugh, this is getting pretty annoying. If we get through all of february with no SDK, i'll start to question if it's coming out at all.

Spiffae said:
/me sobs "Release the SDK, for the love of god"

ugh, this is getting pretty annoying. If we get through all of february with no SDK, i'll start to question if it's coming out at all.

I suggest you save yourself the time in March and start questioning now. :dork:

Agreed, anyone that's been around pc gaming for the last 5 years should know better than to take Valve's word at face value...at least when it comes to release dates.

when it comes to what they say about their games, I trust Valve will deliver. As for releasing things on time i dont really trust anyone at all. And i dont really care either, if the game will be better if its delayed, delay it.

And im just curious umop, i know thats a Hind you have for your avatar but is that a photo or is it a screenshot from a game? because i think i know EXACTLY what game it is, i think

Screams louder then Cleo from 2525 if you have ever seen the show you no i scream the loudest!

They better take there time and do it right there is nothing sadder then seeing a game come out and one week later seeing a patch for the game.

What you don't realise is that they are working on the Xen timescale, so a few weeks for them means eternity for us.

Either that or they are going to release the SDK for the sims2 as well, and are in the final procedings of the contract with EA. HOLY GREASEBALLS!! SDK's going to be great for me!!!!

Valve has something to do with Sims2? Oh dear lord... please don't tell my wife that. She's heard me chatting to friends about Valve and release dates and such... if she knew that she'd get all pissed because her game won't be out on time.

PvtRyan said:
I want the SDK when it's ready, and they'll release it when it's ready. It's as simple as that, why would you want an incomplete SDK, for a game where the source code isn't even fixed yet?

one thing,, there are already mod teams with the SDK,, it's based on some sort of priority list

Shinobi said:
one thing,, there are already mod teams with the SDK,, it's based on some sort of priority list
which mods? official ones?
Like day of decrap and counter-strike?

*Snaps fingers* and..... THE SDK IS RELEASED!!

There you go.

when when they say soon what did u think...."soon" to valve is 2 years

they also said they were going to release the game and delayed it :dozey:

everyone seems to have forgotten about the GDC thing where they're gonna have classes on the SDK... i would've assumed that had anyone actually paid attention, that they'd stop and think and say "oh okay, so march 26th they're doing stuff involving that, and having classes for that stuff, in conjunction with the XSI people, okay maybe that means the SDK is coming out on March 26th give or take a week or so"

Ill walk up to gabe and say

"can i get a toot toot
can i get a beep beep
runnin her hands through my 'fro
bouncin on 24's
while they say on the radio...

this is the remix to ignition
hot and fresh out the kitchen
mama rollin that body
got evey man in her wishin
sippin on coke and rum
im like so what im drunk
its the freakin weekend baby
im about to have me some fun"

and they shall giveth me the sdketh

Jackal hit said:
everyone seems to have forgotten about the GDC thing where they're gonna have classes on the SDK... i would've assumed that had anyone actually paid attention, that they'd stop and think and say "oh okay, so march 26th they're doing stuff involving that, and having classes for that stuff, in conjunction with the XSI people, okay maybe that means the SDK is coming out on March 26th give or take a week or so"

Then they could've just said that and people wouldn't be giving them grief right now. I think they're purposely being vague so they won't get called out like they did with the HL2 fiasco.

/me screams 'RELEASE THE SDK!'

That wasn't too late was it? :D

Back