Allegiances?

Reaction score
Well Direwolf posted the interview but I thought that the part in the interview about how the player will be able to make allegiances with the different factions deserved its own thread.
From the Doug Lombardi interview
At first it seems like you're still fighting against a military-police faction, as well as the aliens, but throughout the game we allow the player to make allegiances with certain subsets of both sides. All the while the aliens and the military factions are not friendly with each other. So, there is an entanglement or complex relationship between the player and non-player characters.
So does that mean you could potentially fight along side combine soldiers? Discuss...

Well, I think part of the problem is that you don't know what your missions is. The G-Man never told you.

Besides we know of at least two characters who might potentially betray you during the game.

who are those 2 characters Lone??
hmmm i dont think you will ever ally with the combine.... im thinking more some freedom fighters, rogue military factions and those aliens you get using the spawn/pollen sacks.

Kam

Does anyone remember the antlions and you have that 'thing with the right feremones'...
well I think they are the misterious allegiances

It seems like the combine is a common enemy so an alliance with them is very doubtful.
My guess is human freedom fighters like we see in the videos or the alien slaves that were mentioned to make a return in HL2.
I don't know if the ant lions can be considered an allegiance since they simply think you're one of them.
I have a migrane ;(

The two characters are Father Gregori and "the prisoner" (Adrian???).

And of course you know that you can't trust the G-Man. :)

notice he said subsets of both factions now...remember that Barney is wearing a Combine uniform in the street fighting scene...maybe you suceed in turning over a smaller group of the combine...or maybe it's simply just barney and that interviewer accidently mistook the single barney for being a sign that you could ally with more than one combine soldiers...

only time will tell...

I doubt that there will be much RPG elements in the game...so I doubt that you will be able to CHOOSE you're allies as such(taking sides)

Back