Almost Ready for an Alpha Release

pharamir

Reaction score
Here are some screenshots of the map I have been making called dm_rats_bedroom.

Attachments

• dm_rats_bedroomA1 s1.JPG
    dm_rats_bedroomA1 s1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 562
  • dm_rats_bedroomA1 s2.JPG
    dm_rats_bedroomA1 s2.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 513
That looks cool, the smoking cigarette is a great touch :D

but what are those light spots all over everything? 's a bit strange. You also need a lot more physics objects and cover, so make it a messy bedroom.

I have been having real issues with the lighting thats only temporary, expect proper lighting in the next release, theres a full cupboard with ramps and everything. I think the best thing is a hollowed out doorhandle great for a sniping spot.

^^lol , looks good - my only complaint about a rats style map is no tau.... gonna be much more difficult to get around and to higher places

Doofus said:
The pillow looks kinda retarded.

yeah i know hehe, its pretty hard to make it lifelike, but yeah. Im trying to upload it now for all to have fun with.

Never like rats or maps like this (killbox etc)

What is with mappers always releasing alphas and betas of their maps? What good does it do to have 5 versions of 1 incomplete map floating around, confusing people that just want to play?

Why not test, test, test, modify, edit, then test some more (closed) with people you know? Once you have a finished product, THEN release it...

Think about it...if you can.

I like to have people give me feedback on a map, if you think about it gmae makers do the same to find bugs and for people to suggest improvements. This map is playable just not fully finished. I am working on the second version as we speak. No more shoddy lighting

It happens when i switch from window to full fullscreen and vice versa.

creationist said:
What is with mappers always releasing alphas and betas of their maps? What good does it do to have 5 versions of 1 incomplete map floating around, confusing people that just want to play?

Why not test, test, test, modify, edit, then test some more (closed) with people you know? Once you have a finished product, THEN release it...

Think about it...if you can.

I've tried to do that myself, and keep it to one beta release. The community at large can offer a lot more criticism then just a few friends, and may have a wider range of hardware on which problems might crop up.

pur3r4ge said:
I've tried to do that myself, and keep it to one beta release. The community at large can offer a lot more criticism then just a few friends, and may have a wider range of hardware on which problems might crop up.

I see your point, but don't you kinda think it degrades the community's multiplayer experience when they must sift through dozens of alpha/beta garbage maps just to find a decent "COMPLETE" map?

I know that a map must be tested by many to find bugs, but surely there is a better way...just can't think of one..

I've submitted the map to halflife2.filefront.com so hopefully it should be up soon.

I've already started on the next version with major improvements no more wierd lighting spots. Wherever their needs light a light prop will be there so its more realistic. Working on putting a computer and pencil box with launchable pencils.

Still havent solved the mysterious reason why the smoke starts from the origin point.

i get that same hud bug when switching from full screen 1600x1200 to window mode 1280x960

well it was either that or wierd light spots so you this is a much better solution.

Back