Alpha On Displacement bugged?

Dante

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just spent probably about 3 hours making a pretty large outdoor displacement terrain with blended textures & alpha painting, to find that when i ran the map, none of the alpha information passed into the bsp.

0 errors in the map, just no alpha.

texture is blended, there is a skybox, there are plenty of env_cubemaps (although it wouldn't matter i wouldn't think, just covering all basis), level is lit.

Any ideas?

p.s. i checked with sdk_vehicles, which happily exports and saves to bsp with alpha information, and i set mine up exactly the same :(

Are you using custom blended textures or just the ones already included with the game?

if you havent yet added any lights in your map then you will find that it will automaticaly turn on "mat_fullbright 1" in the console. THis actually affects alpha blending and you should put at least one light in there to see it work properly....dont ask me why, it just works! :)

great, thanks for the replies guys, didn't think alpha would be effected by mat_fullbright.

gonna test it out tonight, see what happens.

Ahhh, Finaly i find a solution to this problem. This is my 2nd forum, after searching tons of tutorials to figure out why my alpha painting wasn't showing up in game. Duh!, Thanks a lot.

Back