Already Bugs Since Update!!!

Homie

Reaction score
There are already bugs i see one was where i saw a gun floating in the air should have taken a picture of it. :) Please post a picture or tell me a bug you notice since the update!!

I am having major bugs with the new update. WHAT DID THEY DO. Use the wrong build to make the patches in? Come on guys!

Yes i noticed that some people say there ARMS look Glassy the people with Geforce Graphics card. I wish Valve would just make HL2 Compitable with Geforce which they could!!

I have some grfx problems. One is that the 1st person hands appear chromed over, reflecting the world around them... (at least it looks cool...). This is due probably in part of valve addressing the Geforce fx rendering issues (I have a GFFX).
Other than that things seem pretty stable. I also like the new bullet hole decals, more realistic.

oops, already stated...

Attachments

• de_dust0943.jpg
    de_dust0943.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 334
  • de_dust0947.jpg
    de_dust0947.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 325
I have heard about this make sure you have lastest drivers for graphics card. I heard Geforce has problems with that in CS:S sorry. Most likely you will have to get a radeon. I think valve Doesnt want it compitable with geforce my guess? ;(

the new barrel bullet decals look incredibly good.

I love bullet effects and everything i did notice my fps now is 20-30 instead of 40-60 o well.

Homie said:
I have heard about this make sure you have lastest drivers for graphics card. I heard Geforce has problems with that in CS:S sorry. Most likely you will have to get a radeon. I think valve Doesnt want it compitable with geforce my guess? ;(

He might want to try this command out first before spending money on a new card:

mat_specular "0"

Bicka said:
He might want to try this command out first before spending money on a new card:

mat_specular "0"
And WTF does that do?

ATI is TRASH.

If It ends up Geforce doesnt do well on HL2
I will take my money else where.
Been waiting for 5 years, but I refuse to be screwd into buying 1 companies card, because a gaming company has there hand up ATI's Money hole.

I'm not saying vavle is doing this, or if they are doing it on purpose. Thats my stance on any gaming company tailering to one card.

I have no problems running beta on myGeforce 5900 xt.

Dont have the hold hands, and get 55FPS on benchmark, and 45 or so FPS in game on fill settings.

Whoa, whoa, HL2 doesn't make you buy a certain card... any card dx7+ will run HL2.

Takaitokuten said:
I have some grfx problems. One is that the 1st person hands appear chromed over, reflecting the world around them... (at least it looks cool...). This is due probably in part of valve addressing the Geforce fx rendering issues (I have a GFFX).
Other than that things seem pretty stable. I also like the new bullet hole decals, more realistic.

oops, already stated...

Im actually quite jealous, you are obviously the baddy from Terminator 2.

I can't change my gamma. The Brightness menu is just blank when I reach it from Options menu.
I can not get it to work in any way, tried using the driver's gamma option but it does not affect the game.
I also get a memory error when I Alt-Tab out and back again.

I hope you guys are reporting these bugs instead of complaining on a forum about them.

And to Homie, Source supports Geforce cards. If it didn't it wouldn't run.

actually, I did report these bugs to valve.
anyway I managed to get past the gamma problem. I put keyboard shortcuts for adjusting gamma and brightness using display properties and I control it in-game.

My FPS is just gone :{
pretty sucky update if you ask me.

Back