Alright. What instruments do you guys play?

I've played keyboard for some years... but now I don't really play it anymore, but I still can :eek:

Picked up the guitar in the 80's and played for maybe 10 years....

The reason I stopped? An evil woman came into my life in the early 90's. When we broke up a few years later she said some very harsh things about my new girlfriend (who was asian)...I lost my temper and punched a door and badly broke the forth and fifth metacarpals in my right hand.

Two and a half months, $3500, and 6-8 casts later, the bones had healed a bit crooked and the fingers no longer worked the same. And with that, I no longer could play. (can play some, but it's very frustrating because I can't play the way I did).

Lesson learned: women can suck, but hitting steel doors sucks worse :p

I play the electric guitar! Any one from the UK like the hives? i can play some of thier songs.

I've been through about five air drumkits now. About to buy a real one, but damn they aint cheap...

Been playing two years, I guess I'm alright considering I haven't taken any lessons (which isn't really something to be proud of :p).

Kinda interested in learning bass. I've taught myself some basic basslines from songs I like and played them out on dad's electric (I don't think those strings were designed to be plucked, I get blisters after a while). Most recently I nailed Datsuns - Super Gyration, and IN KEY!!! :D

Bad^Hat said:
Kinda interested in learning bass. I've taught myself some basic basslines from songs I like and played them out on dad's electric (I don't think those strings were designed to be plucked, I get blisters after a while). Most recently I nailed Datsuns - Super Gyration, and IN KEY!!! :D
maybe you should you know... try using a pick? or something...

Plucking is fun :) I just stick to the top string.

Im unoriginal and have played geetar for about 5 years.

I also played the triangle for a while but it was to hard for me :(

I also play lead electric triangle and rhythm ukelele.

I played the guitar for five years but I never got any good at it.
I can't even read notes.
I'm a musical genius...

Farrowlesparrow said:
I used to play guitar, but decided I couldn't be bothered, and bought a bass :p

LOL, someone I know saw an ad in a music magazine for a metronome. "Perfect for musicians and bass players" :D:D

Yeah...Heh, you know (I don't know about new zealand) but over here they have the "Union(as in trade union that kind of thing) of Musicians, and drummers" because drumers aren't classed as musicians.

Learning the Piano atm, I can play Moonlight Sonata, Sonata Pathetique (well, the first few bars), first section of Fur Elise, Imagine (Lennon), and a bit of My Baby Just Cares for Me.

I'd recommend it to anyone. I bought it from Ebay, £120 for a 120 year old piano that makes a great piece of furniture as well.

Parrot of doom said:
Learning the Piano atm, I can play Moonlight Sonata, Sonata Pathetique (well, the first few bars), first section of Fur Elise, Imagine (Lennon), and a bit of My Baby Just Cares for Me.

I'd recommend it to anyone. I bought it from Ebay, £120 for a 120 year old piano that makes a great piece of furniture as well.

Grand pianos are cool for bassists to jump around on. See - Muse.

I play drums, not a musical instrument, more an instrument of noise. It's so satisfying when you nail a beat and finding your arms and legs moving faster than you previously thought possible. Not so good if your neighbours are into complaining.

I play guitar, have done for just over a year. Nailed such things as Enter Sandman, Iron Man, Stairway to Heaven, Jump solo (almost :p) among others. I gotta get a job if i want that '62 strat...;)

After playing for four years I have mastered (among other things) annoying the neighbours and being heard by people with a different post-code.

fact of the day, postcode is british for zip code

I used to rock the tuba... then I realized that I was playing the tuba... And I mix/make songs with programs (FruityLoops), I can also play the drums.

i play trumpet in my schools top jazz band, concert band, and marching band. i can play the trombone (i have one, dont bother with it much). i know guitar and piano chords.

i bought a guitar once, got lessons off a mate and had a go, but school work and the net/gaming got ontop of me and i stopped practising, it's been sitting in the corner ever since.
Ive been trying to decide wether to take it to Uni or not and annoy my housemates... but then get some practice in, i wasn't great but i was gradually improving.
Hey, someone else decide for me.... should i take it or not? Yes/No.

YES! Take it dude. Say you're in a band. Chicks like guys in bands. LOL

hokai said:
YES! Take it dude. Say you're in a band. Chicks like guys in bands. LOL
as long as it isnt marching band :LOL:

I used to play the saxaphone, but i gave up as i couldnt be arsed... :/

basically i found it a chore practicing, and theres no point doing it if you dont enjoy it, right?

Il say im in a band, and they're say... aww play something.. and i won't be able to lol.. im living with 3 girls, i'd never get away with it. lol :D

Back