Alyx Easter Egg

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been adressed. And sorry for posting yet another thread about easter eggs. But if you look at Alyx's shirt, you will see it has one of the TeamFortress logos on it. An hint about the multiplayer aspect?

Have fun.

I think its the same logo G-Man has on his briefcase at the end of HL1

hmmm show me a screenshot plz... just watched video again but didnt see wat u mentioned

OMG! I just noticed something else... When you zoom in onto Alyx you can just about make out the words "Hack Me" ... Relating to the video... It was destined to be hacked all along :O

That's the Black Mesa Research Facility symbol, it even says Black Mesa underneath of it on her hoodie, although from head-on, only "ck me is visible.

ck-me.jpg

I would like one of those hoodies.

Here's an image of BMRF with the symbol on the map:
http://www.antipasta.org/llocsvells/assets/images/halflife_2.jpg

Waiiit, everyone keeps saying its a black mesa symbol blah blah blah, but maybe hes right... Maybe it is a TFC symbol not the black mesa symbol. Im not sure what the black mesa symbol is exactly, but I do know that the TFC one is a fortress with a circle around it.

Originally posted by Chris_D
OMG! I just noticed something else... When you zoom in onto Alyx you can just about make out the words "Hack Me" ... Relating to the video... It was destined to be hacked all along :O

LOL .. it says Black Mesa

Originally posted by Chris_D

Or maybe I haven't had enough sleep and it says Black Mesa :cheese:

ROFL thats actually pretty ironic.... if TFC2 was included than that would be really cool cause i dont see the black mesa symbol in there... then again i never really noticed the black mesa symbol before... pst was there a girl in HL1 but you didnt know her name?

Gina and Collette... Gina was the hologram in the hazard course, and her and the other one were both in the PS1 special co-op episode: Half-Life: Decay.

And it will not be called TFC2. It'll be TF2. There won't be anything "classic" about it because it will not any longer be based on a Quake mod.

Originally posted by Iced_Eagle
pst was there a girl in HL1 but you didnt know her name?

Gina .. she was the hologram in the hazard course and also delivered the sample to the test chamber.

Also there were the assassins :cheese:

What ever happened to Gina? I dont think we ever found out. We saw Gina pushing the test sample toward the test chamber in Blueshift through the video camera. But then she disappeared.

I have a strong feeling she will will have some role in HL2.

If you played Decay you will probably see what happens next after she pushed the test sample onto the lift.

BINGO

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!

now can someone find that picture that says
"YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!"

The shirt says "Black Mesa"
But VALVe whant us to think f*ck me ;)

if it would be team fortress.. then why does it clearly say blackmesa under the logo?

see attachment

Attachments

• t-shirt_on_boobies+sign.jpg
    t-shirt_on_boobies+sign.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 536
Im not talking about that one, Im talking about the one on her arm in a different picture.

EVIL: Lol, "t-shirt on boobies+sign". Don’t you really say "t-shirt on chest+sign".

Sorry, don’t want to be an Einstein freak. :)

DuncanIdahoTPF: Decay is an "expansion" to Half-Life was you were able to play as either Dr. Gina Cross or Dr. Colette Green. But that exp was just released on PlayStation2 were you could play CO-OP with a buddy.

ValVed RaY: Of course it counts in with Half-Life. You meet also a new character called "Dr. Richard Keller".

And what was so terrible with the PS2 version?

1. how do u take pics of vids on ur comp.

2. i adjusted the brightness and contrast levels and it deffinatly says

|CK ME| for blaCK MEsa

can some one tell me how to take pics on my comp? PLZ?

I saw it too. It says Black Mesa, and the logo you see is the Black Mesa logo (you can also find it on the jeeps in Half-Life)

wbcheater: Press the "Print Screen" button located on the top to the right with 2 other buttons called "Scroll Lock and Pause Break” of your keyboard.

Originally posted by Loke
ValVed RaY: Of course it counts in with Half-Life. You meet also a new character called "Dr. Richard Keller".

And what was so terrible with the PS2 version?
one word: controller

besides why not just play it on the pc =]

Originally posted by Loke
wbcheater: Press the "Print Screen" button located on the top to the right with 2 other buttons called "Scroll Lock and Pause Break” of your keyboard.
Err, that doesn't work, you have to turn off hardware acceleration first or something like that.

ValVed RaY: Isn't so hard when you played for a while. Anyway you can use your keyboard+mouse in the PS2 version.

You can't (Haven’t heard of it released on the comp though).

Alanity: Not? Weird because it works for me and I haven't changed anything.

But if he means the 25min trailer it is a different story.

Originally posted by Alanity
Err, that doesn't work, you have to turn off hardware acceleration first or something like that.

? Never heard of that. And WBCHEATER, if you succeed, start a program like paint or photoshop and paste (ctrl+v)

hey i just emailed gabe about this...talk to ya's later...thanks u guys

Originally posted by NiteStalker
? Never heard of that. And WBCHEATER, if you succeed, start a program like paint or photoshop and paste (ctrl+v)
If you just press print screen then the video just shows as a black screen because it's "overlaid" on top of everything else to speed it up or something. Might be different on your media player but I use wimp 6.4 or bsplayer for avi and mpeg and media player classic for quicktime (using the quicktime alternative codec pack thingy)

Originally posted by wbcheater
hey i just emailed gabe about this...talk to ya's later...thanks u guys

Oh come on, this isn't the easter egg. It's pretty obvious that it's a Black Mesa logo there.

Back