Alyx Easter Egg

You can't print screen a video file, Bink movies arn't videos, they're executables that run video in a software mode, your standard AVI or MOV file runs through hardware acceleration.

Also, remember the old Atari game "Adventure"? Remember the secret room? Do you think the guy who's name is written in the secret room had that appear by accident, and was just arranging some lights that might have looked like candles? It doesn't matter if it means Black Mesa, the only thing visual is ack Me, throw an H in front of there and you have Hack Me. I don't know about you but I've never seen the word Fack in the dictionary.

Can someone who gave a frame by frame analysis of the Bink video examine her abdomen(without any perversion) and see if there's an H anywhere in there?
*edit*
During the "I'm Sorry, Gordon" line, you can see the first letter, it might be either an L or an H, but I didn't see a B. I got a print screen to take a closer look, I'll post the results later.

You need a program that I don't remember the name of to be able to take screens from the video.

Anyway, the guy have sorted the thing out.

when i (printscreen) where do these pics go what folder? and i use divx player for avi files.

about the black mesa logo on alyxs shirt, we might have to take it off for further examination. :D

I can't seem to get a good capture of it, I can make it out...well, it's a letter, that's for sure. That's about all I can find out without actually having the exact same model from that scene, or at least the skins.

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
about the black mesa logo on alyxs shirt, we might have to take it off for further examination. :D

So you don't want to kill her anymore? (or was it Valved_ray who wanted that?)

sorry, im not allowed to speak my mind.
most people find it sick evil

btw if it is the black mesa logo maybe alyx is an enemy or something?

when i (printscreen) where do these pics go what folder? and i use divx player for avi files.

what do u mean explain each part of the process starting from hitting the button..

For those that can't be arsed or can't see it very well in the video, this might help.

but where is the pic file how do i open it if i dont know where it is...

its not like it pops up in front of me..

It will do, just open a new, blank picture click edit, paste. When you press printscreen it copies what's on your monitor to the clipboard so you can paste it.

That's what I thought at first, but the most logical answer would be black mesa.

I just traced over the letters that I could see just in case people weren't clear.

or... maybe even a pair of glasses?! :p

and there is a pic. of a mesa, so it has to say black mesa. btw, i live about 5 minutes away from the black mesa in new mexico

Actually Black Mesa is in Arizona.

I circled it in red from my 2001 road atlas.

Attachments

• black-mesa.jpg
    black-mesa.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 380
Originally posted by DuncanIdahoTPF
Actually Black Mesa is in Arizona.

I circled it in red from my 2001 road atlas.

Interesting .. although the Black Mesa facility is in New Mexico, according to the game manual.

Heres the same logo on G-Mans suitcase in Hl1 and Alyxs shirt , just the black mesa logo I suppose.

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 372
That does say black mesa on it. It is the same logo as the black mesa logo.

I was just backing it up. I am not looking to humiliate him... Although that is pretty funny.

Originally posted by green1152
I was just backing it up. I am not looking to humiliate him... Although that is pretty funny.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about you. It's this new fatboy character.

geez the arizona/new mexico area is full of coverups huh?

Heh, never knew there really was a place called Black Mesa.

Lol, a town near there is called Bagdad, thats got to be a great place to live.

"Where do ya live?" "Bagdad ARIZONA."

DuncanIdahoTPF:
Well there is also one in New Mexico, which happnes to be property of Sandia labs.

The "ack me" is clearly "black mesa", but I wonder if the Valve boys also meant it to be taken as "hack me" as a little joke (them folks is pretty sneaky). It seems like a rather big coincidence, if only one more letter was showing it wouldn't work.

Has anyone looked to see if this is on the original E3 footage as well? Perhaps it was added later (although I'd admit it would be nearly impossible to make out on the first release).

/me knocks on door: hello can I see Dr. Freeman? - Who? - Dr. Freeman - Get the **** outtah here.. damn HL freaks

I've watched the Kliener vid more times than I can count, the only significant thing I can notice is the gun under the table when he looks to the right before knocking the monitor over. Anyone else notice anything that could be hidden?

Back