Alyx or DOG?

Who would you rather spend more time with in HL2:Aftermath?

• Alyx

Votes: 52 58.4%
  • Dog

Votes: 37 41.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Both exceptional characters. Both have unqiue bonds with Gordon and to be honest I think a whole expansion just being in the company of DOG would be brilliant!

None really, I prefer going it alone or having a squad I can control.

I prefer DOG because hes very loyal to fight beside and hes harmless towards Gordon. He has one objective I think, and that is to safeguard Gordon and himself.
On the other hand is Alyx, whos kind and also loyal. But she leads and I don't like following personally! Shes also a intimate friend of Gordon :E

I worry that DOG might get old. You know, great in small amounts.

They can mix things up easier with Alyx. Heck, she can say different lines, DOG can't say any lines. A human character has more potential for gameplay variety and actions in general. Just in HL2, we saw her climb the side of a building, accompany you as a partner, give you directions over a TV screen, have nice scenes with Eli, Breen, etc.

DOG just can't do as much. He's just awesome when it's time for a DOG-type event.

Dog is pretty kick ass, but i'm gonna have to go with alyx. mainly because she's a human. robots tend to be distanced as characters because of the lack of emotion. dog's awesome to fight along side, but he lacks personality.

Dog.

He can throw things, smash things, climb things, break things, jump on things, grab things, make beeping noises, act like a dog, run like a gorilla, pwn combine, act really cool. Did I mention throw things.

All Alyx can do is shoot her gun, zap panels and flirt with Gordon. Boring.

Originally posted by Jandor
Dog.

He can throw things, smash things, climb things, break things, jump on things, grab things, make beeping noises, act like a dog, run like a gorilla, pwn combine, act really cool. Did I mention throw things.

All Alyx can do is shoot her gun, zap panels and flirt with Gordon. Boring.

Well, I totally agree with you there. Hes also a big, cuddly teddy bear. Maybe in HL:AF he will a) be upgraded b) carry Gordon around on his shoulders c) talk

Qhartb said:

They can mix things up easier with Alyx. Heck, she can say different lines, DOG can't say any lines. A human character has more potential for gameplay variety and actions in general. Just in HL2, we saw her climb the side of a building, accompany you as a partner, give you directions over a TV screen, have nice scenes with Eli, Breen, etc.

DOG just can't do as much. He's just awesome when it's time for a DOG-type event.
I think I agree
(keyword being THINK)

Screw them both! Give me more Shepard and Grigori and I'll be eternally grateful!

gabriel said:
Dog is pretty kick ass, but i'm gonna have to go with alyx. mainly because she's a human. robots tend to be distanced as characters because of the lack of emotion. dog's awesome to fight along side, but he lacks personality.
exactly.

Qhartb said:

Totally agree. Alyx based expansion with small amounts of Dog missions is the best way to go.

I'd prefer Dog tbh, Mainly because he is so cuddly, cute little doggy, awww..... although..... I wouldn't want to lose him in a battle (Die basically) where as Alyx i wouldn't care too much about i'd walk over her dieing corpse and continue fighting lol

Originally Posted by Sgt.Murray

I'd prefer Dog tbh, Mainly because he is so cuddly, cute little doggy, awww..... although..... I wouldn't want to lose him in a battle (Die basically) where as Alyx i wouldn't care too much about i'd walk over her dieing corpse and continue fighting lol

I see exactly what you mean. If Alyx died I would not care as much because I feel she is more of a solo character that can defend herself much more. As with DOG, who I no can defend himself BUT he relies on other characters to keep his motives going (if you get what I mean). He does not have the mind to decide his future in HL, but Alyx does.

Dog ofcourse!!
Alyx is too flirty, you know the elevator scene when Alyx ask Gordon if he remember her and then she do something with her hair I think. My god, enough allready :D

Enough Already ?? You can't really say that if they have only just met.

azumi said:
Dog ofcourse!!
Alyx is too flirty, you know the elevator scene when Alyx ask Gordon if he remember her and then she do something with her hair I think. My god, enough allready :D

right.. but what is wrong with that, that she is too flirty, well of course that you're a girl so I don't think it will interest you that much so I get the picture.

But wow she is damn good at it, I pretty like that heh :naughty:

lol im assuming you are talking about my little thingy (forgot what its called) at the bottom lol, my mind has just gone blank :S

its got to be alyx. dog is cool and powerful and all, but I'd rather have a partner who talks back with personality, isn't bad to look at either, she kicks her share of ass. She's like Gordon's bond girl.

Mossman. She's good at administering a good smackdown.

Oh now I get it...not wanting Mossman to die...the references to 'liking older women'...ah. :naughty:

Sulkdodds said:
Oh now I get it...not wanting Mossman to die...the references to 'liking older women'...ah. :naughty:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You clicked...Lawyers very passionate about Mossman :p

Black Mesa corp said:
I see exactly what you mean. If Alyx died I would not care as much because I feel she is more of a solo character that can defend herself much more. As with DOG, who I no can defend himself BUT he relies on other characters to keep his motives going (if you get what I mean). He does not have the mind to decide his future in HL, but Alyx does.
I wouldnt care if both of them died :/.
Though I would want to be with both of them, as long as they leave me some kills.

Look at my name, WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?

Dog-- said:
Look at my name, WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?
I'm looking at it, and it says Dog--. Does it mean your a Dog? Maybe a big metal robot named Dog? Or you just like dogs?

Omg, its obvious, i am a big metal robot named dog, sheesh

Well actually it isn't that obvious, you should have made it more clear tbh.

Alyx... Dog can't talk so he would get boring fast. Hes one of those characters that are good in small ammounts.

I would prefer to spend more time with Alyx. I'm one of the few people who didn't like DOG. Having a big robot running around City 17 is just silly and doesn't flow with the rest of the game.

They're equally a great element of the game, but if it'd be a necessity (sorry for my spelling) to choose, I'd have Alyx by my side. Why?

She has the quality of a movie (technical quality, not physical or moral), she has 40 facial muscles, hazel eyes, which will react to light in a whole new way in Aftermath. She always has something to say, instead of a turkey gurgle. She has a gun. She's cute. And she has kick-ass phrases (not as good as Barney's, but he's not in the list).

Back