Ambient sound help (I have searched for weeks now)

M

meanstreak

Heyas

Hey guys if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it, I have been putting a map together and I for the life of me cant figure out why when I finish the map I am the only one who can hear the ambient_generic sounds that I have added! If I send it to another computer and have that computer host it then I CANT hear the sounds, so whoever hosts the server has all the sounds no problem but the clients cant hear ANY of them......

Thanks so much for any help

MS

If they're custom sounds, embed them into the BSP with BSPZIP (or your favorite GUI version).

Thanks for the reply I am just using sounds thare are already built into hl2

=\

Please provide the settings of your ambient_generic, as well as how you're triggering it.

Two common issues:
1) in CS:S, for an always-on ambient sound to work longer than the first round, a logic_auto must send it a StopSound input followed by a PlaySound input.
2) for the sound name, using the raw WAV path is always preferable to using the GameSound entry. The sound engine has some trouble with GameSound entries.

Thanks

I am making the map for HL2DM

I use the ambient_generic entity and I am browsing to them raw/ I have them looped and I DONT have them starting silent.

I dont have them triggered, I really just wanted them on so when you get in a certain radius of lets say a drain in wall you can hear dripping, it works fine on my machine but no1 else who joins =X

Thanks again for any help!

I mean literally if I just made a simple box room and thru the ambient_generic in there and had it play all over map i have the same problem.....

MS

It's a bug , sometimes it will load custum sound/build inn sounds, sometimes not...

Nothing u can do about it

SuperHebbe

Back