AMD or INTEL

AMD or INTEL?

• AMD

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • INTE:

Votes: 56 42.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Shad0hawK
not for 110 bucks you wont though, 10-15 fps to me is not paying 559 dollars for especially considering

as far as if i got a better deal, i see nothing convincing me otherwise, lets see do i spend $669 on a processor that will get me 222 fps in ut2003 or $110 on one that will get me a cpu that on a similarly equipped system will get me 203 fps?

yes. i got the better deal.

i am not comparing the 2 chips, other than price, other people are though ;) as far as the difference between a xp3200 and a p4 3.2 i do not dispute the p4 is faster. i think this is the fifth time i have said that, not that repeating myself does any good...

you ovbiously didnt read my post(or atleast understand it) ......so i have nothing further to say

I would choose intel atm. If you want high end CPUs, intels are the choice. Mid and low end CPUs, AMD would win it out. And also, toms hardware favors intel, some of the benches are bs, try anandtech or hardocp.

Amds are unstable(overclocked so they are cheaper) and have a lower bus speed than intels.

*bumps :dork:

I voted Intel... because I think that will be in my new system. Im currently using an AMD and its ok besides the noise and freeze problems.

Originally posted by PsychoEva01
Amds are unstable(overclocked so they are cheaper) and have a lower bus speed than intels.

amd's are not unstable unless you dont know what you are doing.

there are several differant bus speeds when it comes to intel cpus.

the athalon is on par with 533mhz based chips....but it cant compete with the newer 800mhz line.

I'm using AMD XP 2000+ right now, but I'll be changing to Intel (hyperthreading) and the i875p chipset in the end of september. AMD doesn't have the price/performance advantage they use to have any more imho. Alltough, ppl that say AMD's are still unstable don't know what they are talking about.. Maybe when over clocked, don't really have any experiance of overklocking AMD since I think they are warm enough as they are... This is the biggest problem with AMD, the damn heat these processors produce is not normal! You have to spend that extra cash on cooling equipment anyway if you get AMD.. Intel is by far the better choice today imho.

Does anyone know if HL2 will gain any performance from hyperthreading btw?

P4 2,4 for me
the reason is that i won this with a tourny, but if i wouldnt have got this for free i would go for AMD, since its way cheaper. and i dont have much money like much other students i think :)

Originally posted by zool
I'm using AMD XP 2000+ right now, but I'll be changing to Intel (hyperthreading) and the i875p chipset in the end of september. AMD doesn't have the price/performance advantage they use to have any more imho. Alltough, ppl that say AMD's are still unstable don't know what they are talking about.. Maybe when over clocked, don't really have any experiance of overklocking AMD since I think they are warm enough as they are... This is the biggest problem with AMD, the damn heat these processors produce is not normal! You have to spend that extra cash on cooling equipment anyway if you get AMD.. Intel is by far the better choice today imho.

Does anyone know if HL2 will gain any performance from hyperthreading btw?

I believe it will..

But hyperthreading isnt as great as people think it is.

You dont even need hyper threading. People who say they need hyper threading are saying they need to be playing 2 games at once....

Right now i can install games, browse folders, and play music all at the same time and i get no slow down. Im running a p4 1.7Ghz and 512sd ram.

What will you need ht for?......nothing really...hyper threading lets you do to same things at the same speed. Thats shit as dick. When you playing a game your not surfing the web. When you playing a game your not browsing folders or installing games....your not doing anything but playing the game.

OMG!!! That is so amazing 3d! ONE MORE FPS!!! Plus thats the only test it beats it in.

Originally posted by 3DDuL
Have a look at this test, intel boyzzzz...
http://anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1810&p=7
Total Ownage :afro:

whats your point?

that is a very strong test for amd...they have always come out looking good.

Its the same with some other synthetic bench (pcbench or something)

Amd always looks good......

those are 2 out of 50 benchs/games where the athalon xp looks good

becuase the other 48 show how far ahead the new p4c really is.

sorry if you want to convince me that AMD cpus are faster you will have to do better than 1 bench that has traditionaly always been slightly better on an athalon.

mabey amd if they come out with a 800fsb, but right now intel p4 2.6ghz w/hypertreading, super solid.

AMD wont come out with an 800FSB, it will be something different. Anyway, there next line is the A64.

Back