AMD Outsells Intel in Retail Desktops

Asus

Reaction score
AMD desktop sales have been rising. It's too early to say for sure that AMD will build a significant lead over its rival, but if it maintains this momentum, it will certainly continue to outsell Intel far more frequently than it has to date.
"Intel is not in danger of losing its CPU crown... [but] the fact that AMD can challenge Intel -even within the restrictive group of retail desktop sales- speaks volumes for the chip underdog."

Read

Good to see AMD Will Sooner or later, become king of the cpu market, The place and postion it should have held for years.

Bye Bye Celeron, Welcome FX

Gunsnroses said:
Good to see AMD Will Sooner or later, become king of the cpu market, The place and postion it should have held for years.

Bye Bye Celeron, Welcome FX
Im going to remember that quote :eek:

Anyway, goes to show Intel has some more innovation to do. Intel playing catch-up still confuses me. If the best thing they can pull is dual cores. I might be going the FX/Opteron route in the future.

First 1 computers were, celeron 466mhz, and 1.8gighz P4.
Last 2 computers were, amd xp2200, and Athlon 64 3000.

Have looked back, only to laugh at my intels.

Amd 64 is hands down best cpus on market.

Gunsnroses said:
First 1 computers were, celeron 466mhz, and 1.8gighz P4.
Last 2 computers were, amd xp2200, and Athlon 64 3000.

Have looked back, only to laugh at my intels.

Amd 64 is hands down best cpus on market.

I don't think so. I can run CS on my comp, play CS on the same server, have 12 ppl along side me simultaneously and have Winamp running with people getting around 40 ping. With 8 players it's around 30.

my wunt was computer shopping, and i pointed out a amd system,

althon xp 2200
512 ddram
160 gb hdd

vs

1.8 intel
512 ddram
160gb hdd

the amd cost 300 less...

Finally AMD is catching up to intel... Won't be long now untill they are the king!

Dead-Inside said:
I don't think so. I can run CS on my comp, play CS on the same server, have 12 ppl along side me simultaneously and have Winamp running with people getting around 40 ping. With 8 players it's around 30.
I'm not really sure what you are getting at.
I create BF1942 servers with 40+ bots and let my friends join in from online. Play music, IM, Teamspeak and all as well. :rolleyes:

Gunsnroses said:
Dead, Your post doenst make any sense, what are you trying to prove?

It depends on what you're using your comp for.

Asus said:
I create BF1942 servers with 40+ bots and let my friends join in from online. Play music, IM, Teamspeak and all as well. :rolleyes:

I'm getting at the fact that your PC is a ****ing high end bitchass compared to mine. The only non-midranged item would probably be my CPU which is a 3.0 GHZ intel HT.

Asus said:
Bot's don't download info from your computer...the are on your computer...hosting a CS server is a lot more stressing since your sending packets to each player and they are sending em back...and could you be any more of an AMD fanboy? Course they have better selling CONSUMER chips...but look at corporate sales..

I host friends connecting from online as well as bots, Bots take CPU cycles as well.
I'm not sure why you think that is something special and contribute it to Hyperthreading, unless it is something rare on Pentium 4 chips to do. :LOL:

My comments were just to let you know it isn't uncommon these days unlike before when Athlon XP and Pentium 4 chips without Hyperthreading were the 'Mainstream chips'.

Yeah I can host Full bot Battle field nam servers for my buddys on lan, Listen to music, and chat on aim/icq/msn.

Amd64 3000.

Viva le AMD

Back