Americas Army - opinions

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
What do you think of Americas Army? I've decided to give it a go once more, cause when I had 256MB RAM it ran like shit and I deleted it. I'm just curious, so post your opinions.

i enjoyed it for awhile. I haven't tried the latest update so i'm not sure. for multi it's been bf2 solely.

AA is great stuff; the only annoying part is doing the training. Whoever thought up having you do exams in a video game is moronic.

The best bits are always the dark or foggy maps, where the tension can get ridiculously high. I always liked parachuting into the maps as well. :)

Adidajs said:
i enjoyed it for awhile. I haven't tried the latest update so i'm not sure. for multi it's been bf2 solely.

I played it when it first came out. I wasnt able to get out of jail after shooting the officer in the training...so thats the only time that i played sp, then i turned to the mp after killing the guy and i played on a LAN until a few months ago, then it turned i turned to Battlefield 2 when it came out to fill my needs in the mp department (and BF2 is practically the only FPS i play anymore)

Can't get past the second parachute mission in training. :(
In multiplayer, it's aggurvating to find a decent server...

I loved it, played 1.0 through 2.0. They lost my account, and I lost them.

think about it, how many games give you multiple chioce tests? are you worthy enough to play?

I honestly hate AA. It's probably the worst FPS I've ever played. The multiplayer is just way too retarded and unguided, there's really no sense of achievement other than killing the enemy. Servers are difficult to find, and lag is a real killer.

The training missions weren't too bad.

I would love to play this game. However I can never find a correct full download link, just a patch. And if I do find a link to the full game, the mirror doesn't work! I have been trying to get this game to work for months!

French Ninja said:
I would love to play this game. However I can never find a correct full download link, just a patch. And if I do find a link to the full game, the mirror doesn't work! I have been trying to get this game to work for months!

I've just downloaded it from bittorrent; there's a link at filerush.com

Fun to play because my friends play it. It's free. I hate PB, though. It's free.

Pesmerga said:
I honestly hate AA. It's probably the worst FPS I've ever played. The multiplayer is just way too retarded and unguided, there's really no sense of achievement other than killing the enemy.

What else is there to a multiplayer FPS? :p

Servers are difficult to find, and lag is a real killer.

I've never had a problem with servers, there's always a bunch available.

KagePrototype said:
What else is there to a multiplayer FPS? :p

I've never had a problem with servers, there's always a bunch available.

My opinion holds true over any other Arena type game (UT2004, HL:DMC, Quake), while killing someone is obviously the forefront of the game, there are plenty of relevant opputunities to partake in (teamwork, capturing the flag, setting up defenses, sneaking behind an enemy base with a couple buddies, ect).

i played it for a little bit, til i realized that without a clan the game is nothing more than team DM, which is retarded, since no one seems to want to work together... that and the lack of VOIP killed it for me

I played a little. I'll give it another go when they switch it to Unreal 3 :)

The lack of teamwork, team killing, spamming of explosives, lag and rampant cheat paranoia ruined every map.

I'd also have to disagree with the negative comments on single player qualification. These were the strongest points of the game. You actually had to learn how to aim different weapons, identify targets and sneak undectected. I suppose people are too used to game that play themselves for you.

Back