and Best Picture goes to....

brink's

Reaction score
Well, here we are 6 months into 2004, many movies have come and gone and I would like to know your guys opinions on which is the best to do so( any film, mainstream or not). The best film I've seen this year would have to be Spartan or Kill Bill2, both very diverse from one another and both are so good I can't decide which one I like more. :)

Whats ur fav!

I've seen 3 movies this year. shrek 2, spiderman 2, and fahrenheit 9/11. best animated film goes to shrek 2, best action movie goes to spidey, and best documentary goes to fahrenheit 9/11.

Hidalgo was this year wasn't it? It was the only movie i've seen this year(if it was this year), and I loved it. That's my pick!

yes, hidalgo was released this year.

my pick: ladykillers.

Lil' Timmy said:
yes, hidalgo was released this year.

my pick: ladykillers.
was that movie actually good, or is that that timmy brand of sarcasm? I haven't seen it, but it looked pretty stupid from the advertisements.

:dozey: I think I,Robot is going to be superb.

Of the movies I've seen, my pick goes to Spiderman.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was lacking in some areas and left too many loose ends. It was a big change from the first two, but still not number one for best movie.

Garfield... could they have made a bigger mess?

Shrek 2 is the only one to come close to knocking off Spiderman. Animation was brilliant and the humor was great, but Spiderman had a bigger heart and felt more human.

Mabe it's because Spiderman is the most recent movie I've seen at the theatre that I chose it over Shrek 2. I don't know.

Perhaps we should generate a list of candidates and then make a poll with the nominies, then see if anything changes once the awards draw near.

Man, I must be the only here that thinks spiderman2 is overa-rated. Don't get me wrong it didn't suck but since I got home from seeing it almost a week ago I havn't givn it a second thought. It pretty much turned out how I expected: Spiderman1 with a new enemy. but hey thats just me.

CyberSh33p said:
was that movie actually good, or is that that timmy brand of sarcasm? I haven't seen it, but it looked pretty stupid from the advertisements.
probably depends on if you like the coen brothers movies or not. i thought it was OK, but it's the only movie i've seen this year :)

Lil' Timmy said:
probably depends on if you like the coen brothers movies or not. i thought it was OK, but it's the only movie i've seen this year :)
damn you timmy and your connoisseurish knowledge of obscure topics and pretentious assumption that others know of what you speak!

ailevation said:
:dozey: I think I,Robot is going to be superb.

Holy mother of God are you kidding me? It looks awful! The robot designs are just about the worst I've ever seen in a movie. They rival the Catwoman costume in terms of sheer ugliness.

Not to mention the completely butchered Asimov's book.

DarkStar said:
Holy mother of God are you kidding me? It looks awful! The robot designs are just about the worst I've ever seen in a movie. They rival the Catwoman costume in terms of sheer ugliness.

I'm looking forward to that movie on the very basic premise that Will Smith with a gun has not failed me yet. don't rain on my parade.

DarkStar said:

Nothing rivals Catwoman's new costume in terms of sheer ugliness. Nothing. Timmy's face gets pretty close, though

Shuzer said:
Nothing rivals Catwoman's new costume in terms of sheer ugliness. Nothing. Timmy's face gets pretty close, though
Her masks looks like a rip off of the old 70's Batman helmet/mask.lol

CyberSh33p said:
I'm looking forward to that movie on the very basic premise that Will Smith with a gun has not failed me yet.
so you haven't seen bad boys 1 or 2, men in black 1 or 2, independece day, enemy of the state, or wild wild west? ok, in that case i can see how you might be looking forward to i, robot.

edit: :stare: shuzer is just jealous of my magnificence, i would be too were i not me.

Gee, timmy, narcissistic much?
/me shakes head

Lil' Timmy said:
so you haven't seen bad boys 1 or 2, men in black 1 or 2, independece day, enemy of the state, or wild wild west? ok, in that case i can see how you might be looking forward to i, robot.

edit: :stare: shuzer is just jealous of my magnificence, i would be too were i not me.

Dude, Men in Black 1 is a classic.

a classic turd. dude, i can't stand will smith, MIB1 was as mediocre as it possibly could be. i mean, it was aggressively typical, a good movie for kids i guess.. obviously, it wasn't designed to make you think or anything, but even as "summer entertainment" it was completely formulaic.. quite boring to me.

Lil' Timmy said:
a classic turd. dude, i can't stand will smith, MIB1 was as mediocre as it possibly could be. i mean, it was aggressively typical, a good movie for kids i guess.. obviously, it wasn't designed to make you think or anything, but even as "summer entertainment" it was completely formulaic.. quite boring to me.

Really? It really reminded me of Ghostbusters. Maybe that's why I liked it. I thought the chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and Smith was really great. What formula was it following exactly? The comedy/action/sci-fi/conspiracy/awesomeness formula? Seemed pretty original to me. Now all those other Will Smith movies you listed could definitely be described as "formulaic."

MIB 2 is a completely sucked though..

I'm not going to I robot to think about stuff, I don't think you went to ladykillers to do such either, and in general movies that make you think are pretentious independent foreign films with "tasteful nudity" and a generic whiny drama plot.

go go serving the foreign film industry. I will say, however, that johnny stecchino was a genius comedy, which I laughed profusely at.

CyberSh33p said:
I'm not going to I robot to think about stuff, I don't think you went to ladykillers to do such either, and in general movies that make you think are pretentious independent foreign films with "tasteful nudity" and a generic whiny drama plot.

go go serving the foreign film industry. I will say, however, that johnny stecchino was a genius comedy, which I laughed profusely at.

Go see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, a film that was made in Hollywood. Very funny, very cool, very thought-provoking...

The Day After Tomorrow was very good in my opinion.

Although I haven't seen Spiderman 2 yet and I'm dying to see it. :)

Back