And the best of E3 (from Gamespy) is..

I thought they said it was a game that hadn't been shown last year?

And the people bowed down to their knees, and groveled in the dirt before them, for Half-Life 2 cometh to them, and it is all powerful.

I'm actually surprised. I thought FEAR or Unreal3 would get the nod. But maybe U3 wasn't eligible, or just didn't show enough gameplay. And, obviously, graphics aren't everything to these guys (or else console games would never make the list)

I wonder what the reaction would of been if HL 2 didn't get the nod :)

Probably a whole load of "OMG!! Gamespy teh retardorz" or similar sentinance.

HL2 #1 is awesome.
Nintendo DS 2nd...oh yeah.

I wonder what the reaction would of been if HL 2 didn't get the nod

There was already a thread in which people, including myself, said they didn't think HL2 was going to win.

Apos said:
I'm actually surprised. I thought FEAR or Unreal3 would get the nod. But maybe U3 wasn't eligible, or just didn't show enough gameplay. And, obviously, graphics aren't everything to these guys (or else console games would never make the list)
I'm suprised that FEAR was even in the running. It aint got notin on HL2

Yeah man HL2 is like the 2nd coming of PC Games. :) Even with Unreal III looking so hot, im sure HL2 would still be better, so much more things to do.

:: pets hl2 download coupon ::

Would this be a record? The same game winning best in show two years in a row?

Wooo! Rome total war got 2nd PC title.

and best RTS of the show.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/516/516868p15.html?fromint=1

"Any strategy fan in the world is going to want this game."

"The Total War series is perhaps my all-time favorite game franchise. And now this. Rome may very well end my marriage. Rome will use up the rest of my vacation days from work. Rome will replace my wasteful desire to have children. Sometime before the end of the year my family will find me -- wearing a toga -- face down on my keyboard groping weakly for my mouse after a weeklong sleepless marathon without nourishment. "We have to take you to the hospital," they'll say. At which I will croak, through a dry cracked windpipe: "Just ... one ... more ... turn..."

Im sorry i just find rtw more appealing than HL2.......

*runs away*

CS:Source should've gotten the "Underdog of the year" though. But that title didn't even make it even though they talked about it on Livewire :eek:

FISKER_Q said:
CS:Source should've gotten the "Underdog of the year" though. But that title didn't even make it even though they talked about it on Livewire :eek:

A 3 minute video simply showing a staged game with no mention of anything other than "we updated a 4 year old games graphics" does not deserve anything other than contempt.

great job gamespy:give best game of show to a canned video of a game that nobody has seen yet.

Dougy said:
A 3 minute video simply showing a staged game with no mention of anything other than "we updated a 4 year old games graphics" does not deserve anything other than contempt.

Exactly, well besides the last part. It came out of nowhere, noone would've expected to show an almost 5 year old game, originating from a mod at an E3 Expo.

Also Half-Life 2 at E3 2003 were the same. All that we knew was that it was a successor to Half-Life 1, and it was using a new engine.

There was no really information about anything, people had to speculate and what not. The only real info was gotten from Magazines and Valve themselves.

People are only looking at the singleplayer point of view. WHEN THEY SEE HOW MANY GAMES YOU WILL BE REALLY BUYING THEY'LL GO NUTS! (about 40, you know, MODs)

I mean with the new physics you can make a friggen golf game outta HL2! Which would end up better than any other golf game.

wayne white said:
great job gamespy:give best game of show to a canned video of a game that nobody has seen yet.

Every post I have ever seen of yours is negative! ITS INSANE MAN!

Anyway thats really unexpected and cool lol, I wonder what the official E3 awards will say, I dont think they give it to the same game twice.

Those GameSpy kids are heathens, they refer to the Zero Point Energy Rifle as the "Gravity Gun" and Dr.Breen, as "Dr.Green" geez...

excuse me while I go watch some Greencasts

wayne white said:

Hey Einstein, most games at E3 aren't released either, they're there to get attention like Half-Life 2.

I just sat there and chanted "let it be Half - Life 2, let it be Half - Life 2, let it be Half - Life 2," before pressing the link. And i were right! I must be a phsycic, or was it phsyco? I realy can´t remember...

"I smell fanboy flesh" so said the retarded troll.

I think HL2 deserved it, but there were more games that did, like Rome, I'm still shocked how they can fill a screen with hundreds of men that have more detail than a HL/CS character...

HL2 deserved it. i think they wanted to show that after the leak, the delay, and the months of silence, its still the most anticipated game.

Half-Life 2 winning best of show for the second year isn't all that surprising considering there really wasn't any other noteworthy title on display.

Apos said:

haha... newb, half life pwns all no matter what!

Back