Another baddy returning from the original Half-Life (spoilers)

Absinthe

The Freeman
Reaction score
The Big Momma might be back. If you check out the pic below...

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/screens_6112889.html?page=37

...You see something referred to as the "Big Momma birthing pod". Could have been scrapped, but I guess we'll just see. I'd personally love to see its return.

Another interesting thing... Some people may hate this, but...

There's a note at the bottom that says "Gman = Father?". :O

Pretty cool but...

Maybe that G-man=Father thing is in referance to Father Gregori? I think it was him who set the traps.

Yea that note at the bottom really ruined shit for me, so guys, DO NO highlight the initial tagged spoiler, it can REALLY ruin the game for you, trust me.

I hope the bullsquid, alien grunt, alien controller, houndeye, headcrab, nihilanth, tentacle, headcrab, zombie, cleaner, and gargantua come back too. Plus the headcrab and that shark thing whose name I don't think I can spell. Icthyosaur?

If they all came back, the game would rock- new enemies plus all the old enemies that made half-life great. :thumbs:

Mr.Mesa said:
Pretty cool but...

Maybe that G-man=Father thing is in referance to Father Gregori? I think it was him who set the traps.

=, means the same as. Father Gregori and G-Man are different people.

EDIT - Also, I doubt that is the actual plot, or the image wouldn't have been made public.

It doesn't feel right frankly so I doubt it. It made tons of sense in that movie of course, but in half-life that kind of revalation doesn't do anything for me one way or another. So I doubt it becuase it wouldn't matter (plus since we know nothing about Gordon's history, unless they somehow add about 1 metic ton more backstory I don't think so)

thatdudekevin said:
who the hell is big moma

Big Momma, AKA The Gonarch, was the giant mother headcrab from HL1. If you haven't played the game, she kinda looked like a huge armour-plated headcrab with a giant egg sac hanging underneath. She drops annoying baby headcrabs every few seconds, and occasionally spits some kind of harmful goop at you.

Big Momma is not in the game. So you can imagine how old that sketch is. Therefor, the
GMan = Father thing is just a confusion, I mean, come on, HL its not a freakin soupopera or something like that! Im 99% sure its either Father Gregory, or its refering to GMan as a "father" in the church, in a religious way

or maybe
it wont be in the final game . i mean gman = father couldnt means he is gordona father . lets just play the game.

i took it as "you see what you think is the g-man in a lighting flash in the church, but it turns out to be father gregori".

anyone else think something similar?

GSW said:
i took it as "you see what you think is the g-man in a lighting flash in the church, but it turns out to be father gregori".

anyone else think something similar?

you learn well, young grasshopper.

Back