Another game requiring SM 3.0

We know it could probably run with SM2.0, maybe less detail or effects. But just because it could doesn't mean they would make the choice to support it. Probably not much experience with the new UE3 and this game title is new to them. No previous Bioshock games to make work on this one easier and save time. I bet they just want to make sure costs are low enough and they make money on a title that is unproven.

If anything there should have been tons of complaints about Splinter Cell not supporting SM2.0. Existing franchise, no DX10 version either. Just DX9c SM3.0 support.

It really depends what X1600 model. Some are really low and others are higher on the scale.

What about the X1950 Pro? 6800GT is similar to an X800 Pro/XT.

Ooh, I didn't know X1950 had an AGP model!

I might save up a bit for this and buy it sometime around christmas, and that should last me until about christmas 2009, which is when I plan for a full upgrade.

We know it could probably run with SM2.0, maybe less detail or effects. But just because it could doesn't mean they would make the choice to support it. Probably not much experience with the new UE3 and this game title is new to them. No previous Bioshock games to make work on this one easier and save time. I bet they just want to make sure costs are low enough and they make money on a title that is unproven.

If anything there should have been tons of complaints about Splinter Cell not supporting SM2.0. Existing franchise, no DX10 version either. Just DX9c SM3.0 support.

I think the great reviews of Bioshock is what has got everyone in an uproar about this now, just the fact that it's more appealing to a large amount of PC gamers, including roughly that 1/3 of players who don't have SM 3.0 cards.

If anything there should have been tons of complaints about Splinter Cell not supporting SM2.0.
There was, but Ubisoft aren't exactly thinking about the PC market nowadays. There were a lot of threads of the forum when the demo came out, but I don't think too many were bothered since DA was a Shanghai game wasn't it? And it seemed to be a buggy PC port.

Yeah, although it didn't seem as much as with Bioshock. It didn't seem to spread to other forums as much that were not SC forums.

Lawd, what the hell is wrong with some of you people?. Ok even though I'm updating my rig at the end of the month, It's pretty easy to understand not everyone has the time and energy to blast out on a new computer or extra parts to play games that could support SM 2.0 shaders if they had just f***ing bothered to scale it better.

Can some of you people not appreciate that not everyone has the luxury to spend every waking moment saving exclusively for expensive PC hardware?. Obviously to make it worthwhile at the moment you have to invest in something that isn't exactley cheap.

The point here is this clearly can run on SM 2.0 if the developers had bothered with more support, and at their benifit. Appropriately atleast Crytek are bothering to include SM 2.0 support. So lets get this straight, this whole debate is about scalability, and the lack of it with some games like Bioshock.

if you dont have the money to spend on at least $100 card then please stop complaining!!!! you can easily obtain a sm3.0 card for cheap. dont give the excuse of having older hardware and people pitying you.

I've got plenty to upgrade my computer at the end of this month, and that wasn't my point :/ , but well done for missing it.

if you dont have the money to spend on at least $100 card then please stop complaining!!!! you can easily obtain a sm3.0 card for cheap. dont give the excuse of having older hardware and people pitying you.
Get out the thread giant. $100 for a worse card ain't going to happen.

Oh look, you're one of those type of people that puts their PC's specs in their sigs. Have a nice life.

You can get a 7900gs for $100-120, or a 7600gs for $60-75 (plus shipping/taxes)

first of all, my ****ing card runs every game that comes out perfectly ****ing fine, it isnt the outdated card thats the problem, its the ignornace of people like you and the developers lately igonoring the need of other pc users. (like half of them)

Why are you acting like such a fool? People have repeatedly stated that the type of cards you can get for cheap which support SM3 are actually probably slower than the x800 and x850 which Bioshock doesn't support, yet which are still very common cards among gamers.

So enjoy your beefy gaming rig. The type of hardware elitism you worship is eventually going to kill off PC gaming and make that rig useless anyway - and I'm saying this with a Radeon x1950 in my PC.

whatever guys,but whining about it wont get you anywhere so just stop

also a 7900gs is 2 times better then a x850 will ever be for around 100-200usd

Can I also suggest the 7900GS? Bought mine back around April for $195 compared to the $400+ 8800.

whatever guys,but whining about it wont get you anywhere so just stop

also a 7900gs is 2 times better then a x850 will ever be for around 100-200usd

wow.. gtfo this thread, whining? obiously Bioshock can be played perfectly fine as demonstraited by this dude who worked on it for mere 20 minutes and came up with a workable patch

wow.. gtfo this thread, whining? obiously Bioshock can be played perfectly fine as demonstraited by this dude who worked on it for mere 20 minutes and came up with a workable patch

Gtfo
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4126/after2mb7.jpg
That and the fact that shaders aren't being cached, so load times are insane.

Can some of you people not appreciate that not everyone has the luxury to spend every waking moment saving exclusively for expensive PC hardware?. Obviously to make it worthwhile at the moment you have to invest in something that isn't exactley cheap.
Thats why we have consoles.

i wouldnt call that patch perfect....infact its not even close. also yes most of you are whining(those who cant play that is)

i wouldnt call that patch perfect....infact its not even close. also yes most of you are whining(those who cant play that is)
Well stop whining about us whining. At the end of the day 2k aren't getting $50 from people who want to spend money on it. I'll be happily playing UT3 and Crysis that both look better than Bioshock before I upgrade. The end, now quit trolling the thread.

Recent games make me furious, its as if they made a pact with microsoft to force a 3.0 to make users buy nvdia instead of ati or something.

I blame ATI because nvidia jumped all over PS 3.0 and ATI lagged way behind. Same with DX 10. My preference is OpenGL across the board because no one owns it (consider MS did make DX10 vista only).

Just got my HDMI-/Zephyr- enabled 360 Premium (which the EBGames manager didn't even know existed--big surprise) and am looking forward to a long night under the sea with my fresh new shiny copy of Bioshock 360. Can't wait!!!

Back