Another Interview with Chet Faliszek

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
NoMoreGameBlog had a great interview with Valve's Chet Faliszek revealing some good stuff about Valve's Left 4 Dead 2.[br]

He unveiled the magnum, more information about The Jockey, the ability to play as infected in the new game mode which will be revealed this October and cameos.

NMGB: Do the players have any control over their character when the Jockey’s on them, or is it a half and half thing?[br]

CF: So how it works is, the survivor has some control, the Jockey has more control. I don’t remember the exact split at the top of my head now, but it’s about 70-30. So if you’re trying to go forward as a Jockey, and the survivor’s going to go backwards, well you’ve got 40 percent more going forwards, so you’re going to win. But now if the survivor decides to make you go off one way or the other that’s harder to fight because it’s off the tangent of your motion. A lot of times with the Jockey the first thing he wants to do is get you behind something so he can’t get shot off. But if you try to stop him by getting in the door frame or not getting out of that room, that’s how you can play it there. It takes a bit of getting used to, honestly, most new players when it first happens to them kinda do the, "I want to do the exact opposite of what you’re doing" and that doesn’t work, but if you play with it a little bit, you start to learn, and it’s funny as we get new Jockeys against people that are experienced with Jockeys, the newer people jumping on you are like “Wait a minute, I thought I had total control!” and they find out they don’t and the really experienced people can do it a bit more, so it’s a little skill based game that happens between two players or the AI.

Read the full interview here.

I can see patches waiting to happen for this one.

Interesting info, it sounds like we'll just have to feel how it plays. It will certainly be one of the more interesting infected to play. Looking forward to playing it in vs mode.

Hey V-man, I've got 3 TF2 hats now. \o

Right now we're just talking about Left 4 Dead And really our comment on any other games, really gonna be, "No comment". Unless you’re a cheater and you're crying about your TF2 hat.
True employee of Valve.

Interesting info, it sounds like we'll just have to feel how it plays. It will certainly be one of the more interesting infected to play. Looking forward to playing it in vs mode.

Did you use a new method to cheat the system?

I wonder what the new gamemode is going to be. It would be funny if it was Infected coop, picking off a group of AI survivors, although it could simply be Versus Survival. Time will tell.

Its interesting that melee and pistols are in the same slot now, does that mean you cant defend yourself while incapped with a melee weapon?

Cant wait to play.

Its interesting that melee and pistols are in the same slot now, does that mean you cant defend yourself while incapped with a melee weapon?.
Have to say I'm glad they've made that change. If the melee weapon replaces your standard weapon, it just places them into the penalty box rather than the fun box.

I imagine they'll let you swing at zombies' legs with the melee weapon. Maybe. The incapped pistol was always hilariously inaccurate, so it wasn't much good for helping out another survivor anyway.

Did you use a new method to cheat the system?
nz3gj5.jpg

It's called too much time playing TF2, not enough doing work on the site. Slacker.

Right now we're just talking about Left 4 Dead And really our comment on any other games, really gonna be, "No comment". Unless you’re a cheater and you're crying about your TF2 hat.
That's vaguely hilarious.

I like Chet more and more every time I see or hear him. GO VALVE!

I like Chet more and more every time I see or hear him. GO VALVE!

Ditto, plus he reminds me of tom hanks + a friend of mine

Chet Faliszek said:
Right now we're just talking about Left 4 Dead And really our comment on any other games, really gonna be, "No comment". Unless you’re a cheater and you're crying about your TF2 hat

the tone of his voice! haha

It's people like you who push people teetering on the edge off the edge, subsequently making them into a fully-fledged serial killer. You are an asshole. **** you and your hats.

I have the ****ing halo, and that's it. Do you know how many hours I've put into that game, hoping for a hat?

It's people like you who push people teetering on the edge off the edge, subsequently making them into a fully-fledged serial killer. You are an asshole. **** you and your hats.

I have the ****ing halo, and that's it. Do you know how many hours I've put into that game, hoping for a hat?

Your hand hurts and someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance

Oh my god, this whole Jockey thing is terrifying, and I had no idea that there was a Jockey or that this was what it did because I haven't been keeping up on L4D2 news.

But it would have been even more terrifying if I had never known what a Jockey did right up until the moment it jumped on my head, so this is the incident which convinces me not to read a single word about L4D2 until after it's released.

Crash Course on the way in a week and the poor 360 users need to pay cause of Micro$oft.

no confirmation just that valve has said middle of the month and that would be another week and they stated on twitter very soon. Ya it could take till the end of the month.

Valve usually stick with their release dates, anyway.

Rumours are circulating that CC is coming on Thursday, but there is nothing verified yet.

Have to say I'm glad they've made that change. If the melee weapon replaces your standard weapon, it just places them into the penalty box rather than the fun box.

I imagine they'll let you swing at zombies' legs with the melee weapon. Maybe. The incapped pistol was always hilariously inaccurate, so it wasn't much good for helping out another survivor anyway.

Actually, if my memory serves correctly, it just gives you a single pistol.

Back