Any chance of HL:S Before HL2?

Reaction score
Were all very exited and such since half-life 2 went gold, and we only have 29 days to go till its out! But, I was wandering if, since, CSS was released early, if they would release HL:S before HL2 for the people that got silver and gold packages on steam. That way people could replay the original half-life all nice and shiney before HL2 so you kind of get the whole thing.
Just a question/suggestion

I would be very pleased if Valve were to release HL:S early. I'm sure there would be a lot more people buying via steam as well.

yeah i was thinking that, would be cool to play that to tie us over, you never know, they may have decided on something, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

it'd be awesome...but i doubt they can release it before it's out in retail...i'm sure they want to though. i was flipping through hl1 the other day....and boy oh boy do those graphics suck.

If they did release it I wouldn't be able to hold off anymore... I would have to buy on steam.

Although, I did play through the origonal halflife not 16 hours ago.

I really doubt that HL:S is tied up in any agreement to release HL2 on the same day in retail and on Steam, especially if CS:S wasn't included in such a contract. A couple of weeks to play through HL:S before HL2 would be fun, but it would also probably take away a little bit of the awe from how impressive HL2 will be. I would definitely be conflicted in a situation like that.

All in all though, I hope they release HL:S early!

Back