Any new big games coming out in June or July

scarecrow1

Reaction score
Because if there isnt i think that should be the time for Valve to strike their release of the game.

Doom 3, also around this summer.

Thief 3, late this month.

All of the big AAA games usually don't post a release date. But it is expected that Doom 3 will come out in June or July and followed by HL2 soon after that.

Nope, no big games...Just some nameless Doom game, but who cares about that. (End of sarcasm)

I definately think Doom 3 will hit the stores in June, and I hope so

speaking of doom 3 i dont think ill be buying it...just too demon-based for my liking...i like games that i can have fun in and laugh at stuff...not games that im terrified out of my whits thru the whole thing

deathryuu said:
speaking of doom 3 i dont think ill be buying it...just too demon-based for my liking...i like games that i can have fun in and laugh at stuff...not games that im terrified out of my whits thru the whole thing

Yeah, i definately know what you mean. The horror theme is not what everyone would love. Doom 3 will probably divide players very effectively, you either love it or hate it. But on the other hand, the FPS genre has too long been drowning to the sea of WW2 shooters. Personally I think Doom 3 will bring some nice change to the genre, brining back some of the theme where it originally started. (yeah I know, Doom wasn't the first FPS but you get my point)

A game that gets any kind of emotional response(other than disgust from shitty games) is a good one in my opinion.

I think ill have a response to D3 and HL2........ where games like halo and UT and farcry are all decent....there are no emotions involved.

Seppo said:
Yeah, i definately know what you mean. The horror theme is not what everyone would love. Doom 3 will probably divide players very effectively, you either love it or hate it. But on the other hand, the FPS genre has too long been drowning to the sea of WW2 shooters. Personally I think Doom 3 will bring some nice change to the genre, brining back some of the theme where it originally started. (yeah I know, Doom wasn't the first FPS but you get my point)

You guys are REALLY underestimating the potential of Doom 3. Not only is the game going to be as creepy as Silent Hill (except with alot more action) but the game is going to seriously f*ck with your heads. For example i've heard rumours about NPC's in the game who help you can sometimes turn out to be Demon's themselves. Which would totally scare the living crap outta me.

I'm just imagining listening to what a guy has told you to do, then after you do it, he says something like "Thank god, now we'll be able to get outta here ....and go STRAIGHT TO HELL"(except with dialog that isnt as cheesey) And the guy's face morphs and as he says it he's right infront of you and he yells it and then lets out a massive shriek that sounds really really creepy and then all the demons come out of the woodworks and your standing there with a flashlight going........****

Well at least i hope its like that. That'll sure make the game atmospheric and incredibily edgy.

Sparta said:
You guys are REALLY underestimating the potential of Doom 3. Not only is the game going to be as creepy as Silent Hill (except with alot more action) but the game is going to seriously f*ck with your heads. For example i've heard rumours about NPC's in the game who help you can sometimes turn out to be Demon's themselves. Which would totally scare the living crap outta me.

I'm just imagining listening to what a guy has told you to do, then after you do it, he says something like "Thank god, now we'll be able to get outta here ....and go STRAIGHT TO HELL"(except with dialog that isnt as cheesey) And the guy's face morphs and as he says it he's right infront of you and he yells it and then lets out a massive shriek that sounds really really creepy and then all the demons come out of the woodworks and your standing there with a flashlight going........****

Well at least i hope its like that. That'll sure make the game atmospheric and incredibily edgy.

I think you misunderstood me there, I'm really looking forward to Doom 3. I totally agree with you, Doom 3 will scare the shit out of everyone. Lots of people are underestimating its potential. As I said, Doom 3 will bring massive change to the current FPS genre flooded with WW2 and Vietnam shooters.
Sorry for misleading you, I should have worded my post better ;)

i hate doom 3. arcade running around killing things DOES NOT GO with steathy "shit theres monsters in the shadows" horror games. Arcady run around killing things and horror are my 2 worst game genres.

Suicide42 said:
i hate doom 3. arcade running around killing things DOES NOT GO with steathy "shit theres monsters in the shadows" horror games. Arcady run around killing things and horror are my 2 worst game genres.

So are you saying that Doom 3 is an arcade shooter like, say Serious Sam? Sheesh, don't people still understand that is not the case! In Doom 3 the player will never fight more than a few monsters at a time. How does that compare with Serious Sam's, uh...600 monsters?

Seppo said:
So are you saying that Doom 3 is an arcade shooter like, say Serious Sam? Sheesh, don't people still understand that is not the case! In Doom 3 the player will never fight more than a few monsters at a time. How does that compare with Serious Sam's, uh...600 monsters?

1. Don't diss serious sam, it was an awesome game.
2. Doom 3 looks sort of interesting, but mind you it still is plastic, there still is no story line, and having ppl helping you and later being demons doesn't scare me, its been done before. - The Thing, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Eternal Darkness....etc etc...

Im going to buy doom for the graphics and the mods im hoping will come out. I also wanna get some of the zombie blasting action with a shotgun...However most of the game doesnt appeal to me that much.
If Hl2 were to come out within a few days of doom 3, its touch and go whether i would buy it or not.

guinny said:
1. Don't diss serious sam, it was an awesome game.
2. Doom 3 looks sort of interesting, but mind you it still is plastic, there still is no story line, and having ppl helping you and later being demons doesn't scare me, its been done before. - The Thing, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Eternal Darkness....etc etc...

1. I didn't diss Serious Sam in any way. I'm just saying Doom 3 isn't like SS, wheter its a good or bad thing is up to you.

2. Those are more or less your personal opinions, and I don't blame you or anyone for them. It's not like I'm saying "You idi0tz d00m 3 is teh pwnag3 gaMe!!1!11!". You have good personal reasons why D3 doesn't appeal to you, but some people just bash it saying "it's only the same old zombie blasting, that's like so not innovative, we've seen it a thousand times before".

But the fact is, the storyline of Doom 3 remains yet to be seen. We don't know for sure what it has to offer. All we know is that some scientifical experience goes horribly wrong in a lab based on Mars, and it opens a portal to hell...Well, I gotta admit that sounds lame, but that's why I think it has more to offer. That can't be all, and id Software surely know a storyline like that doesn't sound too appealing.

Well, in my experience id wouldn't know a good storyline if it was transplated into their dreams every night. I'm not expecting much from Doom 3 storywise, id created created an utterly shit premise imo (Hell on Mars- just the kind of thing I'd laugh at if I saw it in a movie) and I don't think even a good writer can save it. It might end up being a good game, but the story sounds like crap.

I believe Full Spectrum Warrior is due in early June. That's one of my more anticpated titles of the summer. I'm a big military/strategy buff, so it's right up my alley.

I remember hearing something about DooM 3 where a scientist called Betruger makes a pact and opens the portal for the demons. Then I've also heard there's an ancient civilisation underneath Mars that developed a way to beat the demons using this thing called a Soul Cube, but now the demons have the Soul Cube safely in Hell so they only way to get that thing is by going to hell, picking it up and wreaking havoc on the Demon population.

Now that i think about it...that sounds alot like Half-Life to a degree. Except lamer. I'll still buy it though.

Back