Any news on patches?

WhiteZero

Tank
Reaction score
I remember hearing awhile back tha Activision was not letting Troika release any patches for the game yet.

Has there been any offical news on this lately?

They're currently working on a patch that has been cleared by Activision.

I'm considering getting the game today or tommorow so hopefully it'll be released really damn soon. Otherwise... well, I'll cry.

I've heard that the patch will be out before Christmas. Hopefully this patch will be the blessing we need.

i've actually stopped playing because of the lagginess. pls release the patch already, and that it really does fix the problems.

I've gotten used to some of the laggy bits and no when to expect it, as for the loading times, lets just say a pot of coffee is essential if you're playing this game.

Roll on the patch!

Marius said:
I've gotten used to some of the laggy bits and no when to expect it, as for the loading times, lets just say a pot of coffee is essential if you're playing this game.

Thats the odd thing... even though my framerate would take a sky-drive every now and then, my load times were never all that bad.

I suppose it depends on the RAM you have.

My loading times were super-fast.

Venmoch said:
I suppose it depends on the RAM you have.

My loading times were super-fast.

Combination of RAM and the RPMs of your Hard Drive.

i dont think the bugs bothered me too much while i was playing, but it would be great to get the patch

I hope they fix the loading times.
I hate waiting 3 minutes for the Hubs to load

Waiting for a hub to load doesn't bother me.

Stuff that goes wrong when game is actually playing - that bothers me. If these laggy bits can be patched, then for god's sake, patch them.

If Activision is just waiting for us to all go out and buy 5 GHZ systems with 4 GIGs of RAM, then screw them.

They've got to make this thing work. They need to be pressurized.

actually, i've been anoyed by the fact that it loads too fast, and i don't get a chance to read the cool little game notes it puts up during those screens :p

the only problem i've had so far is a very minor bug in the game-play itself: there are many objects (furniture mostly) where you can open a droor or something and see an inventory screen of the items you can take from that containter. the problem i'm having is: whenever i open one of those objects, i can't do anything in that screen. a click anywhere in the screen closes the object, and i can't take the items inside.

could be a controll problem, could be user error, could just be a bug in the game...anyone have a work-around, or general tips on how to get your suf out of droors? i'd appreciate it...

hmm.. how will they be releasing this patch? via fileplanet? or maybe they will get Valve's help through Steam?

i have not gotten the game beause of all the bugs pple have reported..but i do want the game tho.

to get rid of the lag find the game exe and enable win98 compability mode :) bye bye lag

maybe they will get Valve's help through Steam?
I highly doubt that.
It'll probably be released like every other game dose that dosent use Steam... having 1000 mirrors.

yay a patch, il buy this game once the patch is released. It looks really good, i cant wait.

Is it the 1.1 patch? Because it is out, i have downloaded it, still terrible stuttering.

exmodel said:
Is it the 1.1 patch? Because it is out, i have downloaded it, still terrible stuttering.
That was probably just a no-CD crack you downloaded, because there still is no offical patch released yet.

Back