Any paintballers?

Tab

Reaction score
Im just wondering if there are any paintballers out there? If so what do you shoot?

I shoot a dye dm5 with a halo b , and a boomstick barrel.

I do go paintballing every now and again but not enough as I'd like. :(

I'm trying to get into paintball...need a job.

Anyways...didn't know the DM5's were already out...I never really like the DM4's milling, but each his own.

I shoot a tippmann A-5 with a Lapco Bigshot or AutoSpirit

Impulse w/ vision eye, Freak barrel kit.

Ain't been out in a while. No close place to go in Bay Area suburb...

i got a bushmaster 2000 with a 12 inch dye boomstick and 12v revvy...

-merc

You would love to go to the d-day scenario they have every year. 1000's of people get together.

Yes the DM5 is out and you can pick it up at paintballgear.com Yea the milling on the DM4 and DM5 is iffy but the gun rarely breaks paint and I play nppl so I need that feature in a gun lol.

Im thinking of buying a boblong but i dont know about that. His guns are long.

Tab said:
You would love to go to the d-day scenario they have every year. 1000's of people get together.

W-wh-what?! Info! Now! Speak!

Eh. Not really into Paintball. Airsoft is my cup of tea. :) Hoping to get an M-14 @ 400 FPS with an Aimpoint.

dart321 said:
dart321 said:
I have the info in one of my paintball magazines. I think its in michigan somewhere. Anyway. There are two teams. Allies and Axis.

Yes, there are actually tanks(trucks with paintball turrets), and yes there are actually real helicopters (to simulate ww2 aircraft, they can shoot at you, youre not aloud to shoot at them) The americans have divisions. (tank busters, commandos, normal infantry, snipers).

So they americans start out in huge rectangles with doors (to simulate landing craft) When those doors open up boy do those allies get pelted with paintballs, its quite funny. But this thing goes on for days. Its well organized and a shitload of money goes into it.

Pfft, airsoft. . .bunch of cheaters :LOL: . Theres no proof that you got hit.

Hmmm. A vacation to Michigan... I could pull that off.

Tab said:

Exactly. Plus the BBs do not react as realistically as paintballs do due to they're size and velocity.

400 fps? Damn thats fast, the limit in paintball is 280 I believe

Tab said:
Im just wondering if there are any paintballers out there? If so what do you shoot?

I shoot people.

Actually, I don't like paintball. I went to Paintball USA with my friends once and some of the hardcore guys ambushed us. I went down and he shot me on the top of my head. There was paint everywhere. I suck at paintball. I guess all of my military training on games doesn't necessarily translate into real world skill. It doesn't make sense though...I mean I couldn't use an aimbot and I didn't have foliage hacks or flying cheats. (just kidding, I don't hack) :D

lol, you had the honour of being bunkered huh? Hurts the most on the head too lol

BOOMSTICK!!!!! yeah i love going ... such a rush ...

I've always been proud of my military skillz. Thats why I play mostly.

I wanna try and get into airsoft.I'm just waiting for a gas powered ump instead of electric. :D

A5 /14" Ceramic and Palmer's Stabilizer. 10,000 rounds and still ticking, don't like Tippmann? Sue me.

looks cooler tho when u see actual gun type replicas..

i have a spyder TL+. super fun gun but i dont go nearly enough to own one...

i wont sell it tho cuz its hilarious to use, even if ur not playin at a course..

my buddy let me shoot him from bout 25 feet away as many times as i wanted. (at a party with lots of ppl there)
i gave him coveralls , my mask, my chest armor for dirtbiking and a red snow shovel to defend himself from the paint...

was good times..

We should organize a HL2.NET paintball game LOL

Tab said:

Welts work just as well as paint. Not to meantion the player base for airsoft is a little differant. If you cheat, you're simply not invited back, ever. It's that simple.

dart321 said:
Exactly. Plus the BBs do not react as realistically as paintballs do due to they're size and velocity.

Obviously, you've never played a 'high class' Airsoft game. Due to their size and velocity? Size, AND weight, yes. Airsoft bb's are both smaller and lighter. Velocity? No. Velocity at a distance? Still, no. Airsoft bb's are much more realistic in terms of trajectory, and speed of real bullets. (Still, nowhere near though in terms of kinetics, paintballs win that one.)

Tab said:
400 fps? Damn thats fast, the limit in paintball is 280 I believe

No, 400 isn't fast. Most fields allow up to 600 for snipers. 550 for AEG's (Automatics) You do not know pain until some ass-hat gets a (rather easy) hit at 100 feet on your neck from a concealed location with a 600FPS APS2 or L96. It will bleed.

*Edit*

I don't want to turn this into an airsoft thread. Or an Airsoft vs. Paintball thread. Even though I kind of pushed it there. My bad. If someone wishes to keep talking about airsoft, I think we should start a thread on it. Or even Airsoft vs. P-ball. Those are hella fun. :)

I would get a halo for that thing...lol.

The Dark Elf said:
*is confused*

an eggy?

Eggy = a hopper, thing that goes on top of the gun and feeds the paintballs in :) It looks like an egg

And I'm torn between a halo and an egg, dunnoes yet.. I might go for a Halo

I´d love to try out paintballing some day! But not possible at the moment... :(
I´ve been doing target-practicing so hopefully Im not gonna suck so much when I try the first time! :p

You dont want an eggy on a 05 speed. You will chop like mad, trust me. Buy a halo, the halo loader is forcefed, you will always have a ball in the chamber. Just buy some better detents for your angel once you get it. Because if you use stalk detends, the halo will force the ball past them.

I have to agree with tab....but I've heard that the halo chops brittle paint like mad.So be careful.

Tr0n said:
I have to agree with tab....but I've heard that the halo chops brittle paint like mad.So be careful.
Not true, unless you use brass eagle I wouldnt worry about it.

I've got over a grand's worth of paintball equipment. I used to play tourny ball, but I haven't played now for over a year. Cars, college, and the opposite sex got in the way. :p

I'd like to get back into it someday though.

Tab said:
You dont want an eggy on a 05 speed. You will chop like mad, trust me. Buy a halo, the halo loader is forcefed, you will always have a ball in the chamber. Just buy some better detents for your angel once you get it. Because if you use stalk detends, the halo will force the ball past them.

Yeah, I've heard that halo's have problems with angels. In fact, just about everyone I know who owns a Halo has had problems with it. That's why I was leaning towards the eggy (I know that has it's share of faults too), but I'll see what happens. :)

SHIPPI said:
Eggy = a hopper, thing that goes on top of the gun and feeds the paintballs in :) It looks like an egg

And I'm torn between a halo and an egg, dunnoes yet.. I might go for a Halo
Ahh I thought it might have been that, but I wasn't going to say incase I was wrong and I couldn't edit my post in time to hide my wrongness :p

I went to paintball once and my ass got shot litteraly like all the time ;(

Skirmish, USA

In the poconos, Pennsylvania has a huge annual D-Day paintball event. 2711 people were at the last one in 2004. I was there, it was terrific.

www.skirmish.com

it's a little expensive, but well worth it.

Back