Any Tutorials????

Cuban4Hire

Reaction score
So i'm completely new to Hammer and I was wondering if any of ya'll knew some good starter tutorials. also...I've been messing around a bit and trying to compile a map but it won't let me. I think i have everything configured right but it always says this when I hit the run/compile thing.

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\johnip\counter-strike source\cstrike"

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\johnip\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\woot.vmf" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_content\maps\woot.vmf"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the path specified."

Any ideas whats wrong???? All help is greatly appreciated!

Well, one thing is that i don't think ur supposed to actually put it in that sample content folder. Mine automatically did that, putting everything in th efolders under the sdk, and it didn't work. I instead put it in the hl2mp/maps folder. Also, some ppl just can't compile and then play at once, so try clicking the don't play after compiling button and see if you can run it manually.

OK I'll try changing the folders. I have the don't play box checked so thats not it. hopefully changing the folder will work. thanks

well. I changed all the folders and it still says the same stuff when i want to compile. when you go to the Configure Hammer, under the place for "Game Data files:" what does your's say? I've moved the .fgd file around and can't get it to work. after i move the file, the error message is the directory where the file is moved to.

yeah I can't get it to work like that either. does anyone know what theirs says under the "Game Data files:" spot. for a CS:S map?? its the part where you choose the cstrike.fgd file

** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\jo hnip\sourcesdk\cstrike_sample_ content\maps\woot.vmf" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\us ername\sourcesdk\cstrike_sampl e_content\maps\woot.vmf"

In the second folder there's a space between the 'l' and the 'e' in 'cstrike_sample_content'. Fix your config

alright guys. i figured it out. All my stuff under build programs was messed up. thanks everyone!

Back