Anyone been ebay scammed?

• Thread starter Gørðøñ ƒrèèmàñ
  • Start date
G

Gørðøñ ƒrèèmàñ

My first time on ebay:yesterday

I was looking for a copy of HL2,and I found one for pretty cheap.I bought it for $.99 and it said the key would work,refund if not.IT even had a little paypal agreement thingy that if didn't,I'd get a refund.Anyone been scammed on ebay?I gotta wait 2 weeks for it to come from asia.

closest i've come to being scammed regarding ebay have been the emails wanting to check my account is active and asking for details.

Kinda a giveaway though when i don't actually have an account with ebay :rolleyes:

A word of advice to anyone thinking of doing that:

DO NOT BUY HALF-LIFE 2 OVER EBAY. EVER.

There's approximately a one-hundred-percent chance of you ending up with a pirated version.

(SideEdit v.15c)

You seruously thought you could purchase a legal copy of a game for $.99?!?!

Even if that was a real price its just tight, as you are paying money to publishers and devlopers who made it. you may aswell just have pirated it.

Really, just go buy hl2 from a shop or over steam so valve get some of their well earned cash.

As for ebay scams, this has to be the best (or at least funniest) solution www.p-p-p-powerbook.com

ebay...LOL!! Ebay itself is a scam! I once payed 50$ for shipping and handleing (OOPS). don't ever buy on there unless you can't find it anywhere else (trust me...anywhere but EBAY)

stigmata said:
A word of advice to anyone thinking of doing that:

DO NOT BUY HALF-LIFE 2 OVER STEAM. EVER.

There's approximately a one-hundred-percent chance of you ending up with a pirated version.
I think you mean EBAY.. Steam is the SAFE way.

If you are stupid enough to buy a verison of it on Ebay, I doubt you can figure out the puzzles in-game :|

But no, I have never been scammed on Ebay and teh only thing I ever bought on it was HL1 and it's expansions (It had TF:C and CS as well)

Might be mentioned but buying HL2-steam codes (from anywhere but from Valve) are illegal according to the Steam EULA (I think) & scams are known to appear on Ebay. But if you fall for an ad for a PlayStation 5, then it's your loss for being a retard :E ;)

Over STEAM? So VALVe are piriting their own game? Cool!

Anyway, congratulations on your first scam!

p-p-p-powerbook is funny,I've read it before.If this doesn't work,I dind't lose much.I can go buy it over steam,but already have the disks for it.My brother got his from the same person and it worked,so I'm semi-confident.

lol... that p-p-p-powerbook thing is hilarious. Thanks for posting it :)

Me, I've been "scammed" only once and for a five quid CD that turned out to pirated, so I can't really complain. EBay is scam central and I've never gone and bought too much because of that.

speaking of scams, has anyone been on that free ipod site and does it actually work?
I really want one but i dunno, it looks a bit dodgy..

Jangle said:
speaking of scams, has anyone been on that free ipod site and does it actually work?
I really want one but i dunno, it looks a bit dodgy..

I've heard many people on this forum saying it works.

*Looks at location*

Another Yorkshire man! Yay!

The P-P-P-Powerbook thing was the funniest thing I've ever read. Stupid scam artists.

Back