Anyone been to the Gmod forums lately?

Jangle said:
http://forum.facepunchstudios.com/smartness.php

D'you reckon Garry had a traumatic incident involving the misuse of the english language or something? And Munro, I hope you're taking notes.
English is a proper noun, BANNED!

Ikerous said:
It makes me really appreciate the people at this forum because a system like that really isn't necessary here
(God, anyone else remember how horible Shippi was with those common gramatical errors? Bugged the hell outta me XD)
It's horrible, BANNED!

xombine said:
lol Ennui I didn't even see that. Wow. Its amazing. I wouldn't even bother posting there.
lol is not English, BANNED!

CrazyHarij said:
the garrys mod forums are the best i've seen because of those rules
Learn how to use capitals, full stops and apostrophes, BANNED!

Codcommando said:
Screw Garry FTW :E :cheers:
FTW is not English, BANNED!

Adrien C said:
Nice, MSN needs this. I hate people who right leet because "evreyone does it"
It's write, BANNED!

UltimaApocalyspe said:
Some people evan write in quotes to dodge the spell check system D:
It's even, BANNED!

Jonz0r said:
LMAO! Garry our english teacher PFFFT
LMAO and PFFFT are not English, English is a proper noun, BANNED!

Hectic Glenn said:
I signed up because i'm so intrigued. I can understand them being garry's forums
Learn to use capitals, BANNED!

MiccyNarc said:
Irony much? :p
There is no verb in that sentance, BANNED!

15357 said:
Thats awesome.
Learn to use apostrophes, BANNED!

Canadian Gunner said:
Owned.
On topic, Its good to see some good old authoritarian mesures on the internet. It's like anarchy here. (P.S. If there are any spelling mistakes, please correct me so that I can improve my English.)
It's measures, BANNED!

I like how you did not ban me, even though I made an intentional error.

ríomhaire said:
It's measures, BANNED!
Thank you for correcting me.
(Revised version) On topic, Its good to see some good old authoritarian measures on the internet. It's like anarchy here. (P.S. If there are any spelling mistakes, please correct me so that I can improve my English.)
It is my understanding that I get my account back now.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
I believe you would fit in on his forums, he banned people for signing their posts.

-UltimateApocalypse

I have a mild case of OCD. Plus, we have a mutual goal, and I don't think he'd mess that us deliberately.

In conclusion, to everyone - don't like his forum style? THEN DON'T GO THERE. I mean, Christ, he probably doesn't listen to half the crap that goes on in his forum. He wants to work on his project. All those inane, nonsensical posts take up valuable space in his forums. HIS forums. Not your forums. HE pays the bills. HE set them up. You don't have some god-given right to post there, if he chooses to remove you, he is within his rights.

-Angry Lawyer

Rim-Fire, I am afraid that sentence contained incorrect usage of a comma. You are banned.

Honestly, I think the world would benefit from a set of rules like that. As the son of two writers, and as someone who suffers mildly from OCD, I treat the English language like the holy thing it is. People who can't distinguish "you're" from "your" should do hard time :angry:

AH F*CK F*CK F*CK HE SAID IT. Must... wash... hands... then... scrub... eyes... with... industrial solvent.

JNightshade said:
Honestly, I think the world would benefit from a set of rules like that. As the son of two writers, and as someone who suffers mildly from OCD, I treat the English language like the holy thing it is. People who can't distinguish "you're" from "your" should do hard time :angry:

You're secretly me, but American, and with less programming/womanising power.

-Angry Lawyer

Back